Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got back in CB Radio after 23 years

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The UK FM overlaps seriously with Irish Community Radio Licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

watty wrote: »
    The UK FM overlaps seriously with Irish Community Radio Licence.

What is this? I don't know, Google says it's community radio but they are 97 through 106 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Wrong kind

Comreg now call it WPAS!
    http://www.comreg.ie/radio_spectrum/search.541.874.10024.0.rslicensing.html
    Following consultation with the Broadcasting Commission of Ireland (BCIi), ComReg has established that the proposed service is not a broadcasting service and does not therefore come under the bci regulatory regime. this is reflected in five key characteristics which define wireless public address systems and place it outside the broadcasting space. these characteristics are:

Spectrum will be allocated on a non-exclusive and non-interference basis in a frequency band not used by BCI sound broadcasting contractors.
    The system is to be used for unabridged wireless retransmission of audio from a public address system that is associated with a public event.
    The service will only be available on a non commercial basis (for local community users).
    The service will not be available for reception on standard domestic broadcast receivers.
    only equipment in the band 27.6 – 27.99 MHz that meets the requirements of the r&tte directive will be permitted for use on the available 35 channels within that band.

So UKFM band gear can only be used here for Transmission on a WPAS licence.

Mind you I have a 1949 Domestic Receiver that can receive it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I know what it is now, thanks.

Saturday and Sunday brings in many Churches bleeding over quite a bit, complaints come in from Central Europe. I can't hear many of the Churches but they can be heard in Munich and Bucharest.

Advertisement