Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TV channels on LIVE for Ireland?

Options
  • 11-10-2011 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

Hey, does anyone know if we will be getting any of the extra TV channels announced for the UK & US?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I'm still waiting for indy games let alone this new stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Doubtful, if anything we will get the RTE player a la PS3 I reckon, but nothing was announced so I wouldnt hold my breath.....

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

I would expect that we will probably we get 4od (aka channel4)? I wouldnt see why not as it is available here on the web and iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'd love if we could get LastFm. That has been part of US live for an age now and I think the UK has it now too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

BBC iplayer would be nice but seeing as the iPad one is geolocked its doubtful. But then again if its part of the Live gold subscription there's a chance. Would expect 4OD to be available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

BBC Iplayer won't work through any Irish IP address, have to use a proxy for it. It's licence blocked so even if it's part of the Gold sub we won't get it till the licencing is sorted. Same for all the other stuff, like we can't get LastFm for the same reason. It's part of the US and UK Gold sub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

BBC Iplayer won't work through any Irish IP address, have to use a proxy for it. It's licence blocked so even if it's part of the Gold sub we won't get it till the licencing is sorted. Same for all the other stuff, like we can't get LastFm for the same reason. It's part of the US and UK Gold sub.

Yea but they have a new international iplayer. Launched on the iPad recently. May be a chance of that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Looks like youtube and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Its youtube only im afraid. We wont be getting the TV channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Think the list has Facebook, Zune, Twitter, Youtube and maybe Dailymotion slated for Ireland but we had the first three already.

Blame the fact Ireland is stupidly backwards when it comes to licensing, just look at the music producers like Sony and EMI putting pressure on Eircom here over torrents and nowhere else in the world .

• Advertisement
Advertisement