Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PTO driven water pump

• 11-10-2011 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi All.

I'm trying to source a pto driven clean water pump. either through a supplier or secondhand.

Size and spec not critical at the moment.

Tks Gerico

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

We have a small one that goes on the pto and has 2 chains that you put around the lift arms to stop it spinning around, great yoke to pump, Is it the same as the one you are on about?? Im not sure where we got it but I think it was kerry co-op and something around €200 at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gerico

that sounds like it could do the job, how long ago did you get it and have you any idea of what it pumps per hour or minute

We have it 5 or 6 years now. Its a very simple little thing. I dont know exactly but with the tractor half revved it has the water shooting out a 3/4 inch pipe like its a power washer. I'll put up a picture there tomorrow if i can find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Turbury

gerico wrote: »
    Hi All.

I'm trying to source a pto driven clean water pump. either through a supplier or secondhand.

Size and spec not critical at the moment.

Tks Gerico

Like this maybe:

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/machinery/2507142

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

We've had one for years. Again, one that you tie down each side with a chain / rope. It uses a 2" pipe with cast iron fittings. The performance depends on how far you are pumping the water. Varies massively. Nowadays all I use it for is for pumping out the water from the parlour tank to the open pit which is about 30 yards or so. I reckon it does about 8,000 gallons / hour, on a good day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

We've had one for years. Again, one that you tie down each side with a chain / rope. It uses a 2" pipe with cast iron fittings. The performance depends on how far you are pumping the water. Varies massively. Nowadays all I use it for is for pumping out the water from the parlour tank to the open pit which is about 30 yards or so. I reckon it does about 8,000 gallons / hour, on a good day!

what size hose have you got connected to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Wigster

We have one and I think it was the co-op where we bought it. You have to prime it with oil every time you start. We fill a 1000 litre tank in about 8 minutes.

Wigster wrote: »
    We have one and I think it was the co-op where we bought it. You have to prime it with oil every time you start. We fill a 1000 litre tank in about 8 minutes.

We have to do the same with ours too but its fairly easy to get it going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Milton09

Turbury wrote: »

Saw one of these in action, serious flow, emptied a 1000L IBC drum in 45 seconds.

Advertisement