Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

char grilling at home?

Options
  • 11-10-2011 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭

i was just watching your man Guy Fieri on the food network last night.

he was char grilling a steak (tri tip :D) on a cooker in the show.

how exactly do these char griller work? are they gas, surely theyre not hot coals underneath them like in a BBQ?

and where on earth ca you get these cooker with char grillers?

cheers lads and lassies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

how exactly do these char griller work? are they gas, surely theyre not hot coals underneath them like in a BBQ?

cheers lads and lassies

I think they're generally cooked over fire. You can recreate the look/ taste fairly well with a griddle pan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

cheers lads and lassies

A friend of mine whose parents were loaded had one of these in her (amazing) kitchen growing up. Theirs was electric, the bars themselves heated up and you charred the steak directly on them. It wasn't part of the cooker itself, it was built into the countertop beside the hob. I'm sure if you ring any of the higher-end kitchen places they'd be able to give you more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

trackguy wrote: »
    I think they're generally cooked over fire. You can recreate the look/ taste fairly well with a griddle pan

Yes, but turn your extractor on full blast and open your doors and windows!

Advertisement