Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone remember pat graces chipper?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

kabakuyu wrote: »
    Pat Elwood and Pat Grace operated in the mid 70's to mid 80's.

woulda been between 1987-1989 im thinking of ,when i started secondry

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

To the best of my knowlegde Pat Grace was the man who brought Kentucky Fried Chicken to Ireland and was its first franchisee here. KFC opened its first outlet at Phibsboro in December 1971 - 40 years ago this month.

KFC were the very first fast food chain to come to Ireland - 6 years before McDonalds.

At some point in the 70s, Pat Grace and KFC fell out and he started up his own chain - Pat Grace's Famous Friad Chicken - and had outlets in Dublin, Limerick, Cork and Galway. I think these all closed by the early 90s.

I rember as a kid eating in the Pat Graces in Limerick in the late 80s and being uminpressed with the joint - it was shabby and dirty looking.

Advertisement