Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Budget Noise Cancelling Earphones

• 11-10-2011 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

I know there are several threads dedicated to noise cancelling/reduction headphones and earphones, but I'm specifically looking for advice on low budget ones. :)

I'm looking for a pair of noise cancelling earphones (y'know, in ear) for under €40, if that's even possible. Any suggestions?

Noise isolation ones are an alternative, and I've had fairly good experience with a cheap (€12 on sale) pair of JVC Marshmallow earphones, but I was thinking something a bit better for a bit more cash. These are intended for a gift btw.

Any insights/suggestions at all would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭007.57

Sound Isolating Earphones are in-ear earphones like your JVC's that have the best sound isolation.

Noise cancelling Headphones are headphones with a mic on them that cancels out outside noise. They normal require a battery and the headphones are over the ear models. Just thought I'd clear that before I said anything as you seem to have called both types 'noise cancelling'.

anyways, I also own a pair of JVC Marshmallows and I think they are one of the best quality earphones on the market, nice fit and sound is great, they also survived a wash in the washin machine. :P

If your looking for something better for some more money as a gift I would say go for A-Jays One or A-Jays Four (<< the Four has a mic and in-line controls for an iphone) - they are both in-ear sound isolating earphones and look and sound great - they have a cool flat cord and come very nicely packaged. Very designer-like.

You could also have a look at Philips SHN5600 or the JVC HA-NC120-E noise cancelling over ear headphones. My friend has the Philips ones and were one of the cheapest noise cancelling ones around, however I gave my bro the JVC ones for his flight to New Zealand there a few weeks ago and he said they were amazing and very comfortable. Haven't tried them myself but personally I dont like headband ones, I think the best value for money and sound quality is to be had from IEM or Sound Isolating Earphones.

Advertisement