Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless printing

• 11-10-2011 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Did UCC get rid of wireless printing? Can't see any info about it on the UCC website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

There was problems with it for the start of the year,but emails were sent out last week saying its back up and running fully.
    You'll want to go to sit.ucc.ie not the ucc.ie website

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

Those emails were about topping up your print account.

I'm on about being able to print directly from a laptop using the wireless network. This used to be available but there's nothing on SIT about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I went down to ask them about it and they just sort of fobbed me off with "well, its patchy, not entirely there..". Its due to the entire system changing with Windows 7 apparently.
    I want it though!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Email it to yourself and print from one of the student PC's - not a big deal. I managed to do it once, found it awful hassle to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

I'm aware of how to print from the open access PCs, ta. And it mightn't be hassle now, but it will be by the time exam time comes around and all the open access PCs are taken.

Thanks to lilmissprincess for the helpful response. They seem to just have taken down the instructions off the net and not said anything, I'll see if I can get them off someone in the IT centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

It seems to have been taken away in a very hush manner altogether. I used to use it quite a bit when I was in college

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'm aware of how to print from the open access PCs, ta. And it mightn't be hassle now, but it will be by the time exam time comes around and all the open access PCs are taken.
    QUOTE]

Rereading my post, I meant that it was awful hassle trying to set up the wireless printing, not the printing off the open access PC's. Even at exam time, I still was able to print stuff off without much hassle!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

Advertisement