Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to use Vodafone router for eircom? PLEASE HELP!!

• 11-10-2011 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

How do I use Vodafone router for my eircom broadband? PLEASE HELP!!
    Hi there, this is my first post so I'll try my best describe my problem.
    We recently moved to Eircom from Vodafone and all I can say is that it is the worst broadband iv ever had. Our Vodafone was great for browsing and online gaming I think it was a 7mb package and all was well until we got the next generation "uncongested" broadband. The router is a zxyel model and it is very bad. I get rubbish wireless connection on my laptop and Xbox. It kept timing out every 15 minutes but I solved that on ther routers settings. The Internet on my laptop is also rubbish, it fine and then stop loading pages and Internet icon on the router always blinks. But I can get good speed on my iPhone oddly enough.
    Also while on the subject I used to plug in the Vodafone router while still on eircom and still go a internet connection way better than getting on eircom. Am I still getting eircom on the Vodafone router or am I getting Vodafone eventhough I cancelled it. If the case how do I get eircom using the Vodafone router or is there a way of improving the router?
    Any help or advice will be very much appreciated.
    I'm using my iPhone as my laptop connection is too slow

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

All you do is change the username and password from the voda one to the eircom one and the Voda router will work with eircom instead. Try plugging router straight into line socket ( no filter) and see what happens.

Then log into http://192.168.1.1/ with your browser and get line stats or line diagnostics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    All you do is change the username and password from the voda one to the eircom one and the Voda router will work with eircom instead. Try plugging router straight into line socket ( no filter) and see what happens.

Then log into http://192.168.1.1/ with your browser and get line stats or line diagnostics

IP address: http://192.168.1.1

User account:
    Username: vodafone
    Password: vodafone

Admin account:

Username: admin
    Password: VF-IRhg556

or

Username: advanced
    Password: advanced

Choose Advanced Setup > WAN in the navigation tree
    Select ADSL Uplink.
    Click on ‘Next
    Click on ‘Edit’

Keep clicking 'next' until you see pppoe username and pass.
    Replace the current with username: eircom@eircom.net password: broadband1

Click on ‘Next
    The summary page will be displayed
    Click on ‘Save’
    Click on the ‘Save/Reboot’ button

When it restarts your modem will be configured for the eircom network.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Byrnesy919

Thanks alot:) would there be any reason why I was getting Internet on the Vodafone router eventhough we cancelled it?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Byrnesy919

Thanks alot:) but would there be any reason why I was getting Internet on the Vodafone router eventhough we callenced them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Byrnesy919 wrote: »
    Thanks alot:) but would there be any reason why I was getting Internet on the Vodafone router eventhough we callenced them?

Usually you can still be on their network for a few weeks because they have yet to deactivate your account on their radius server.

• Advertisement
Advertisement