Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to give someone for doing a nixer??

• 11-10-2011 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi!

I have a guy coming to do a nixer in my apartment. He says he doesn't want payment because he's done quite a bit of work for me before but I'd feel bad...

How much should I give him for an hours work, just plastering a hole in a wall (light socket sized) and should take no more than an hour. He's supplying the plaster etc....

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,674 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

moved to DIY

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭niamh4626

sydthebeat wrote: »
    moved to DIY
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Throw him €50 and tell him to get a Drink..

Everyone happy....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Yeah €50 sounds about right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Well I run a small building company and we call back all the time to do small repairs just like your saying and don't charge not even the price of a drink I'm quite happy to cover the cost and my client is also happy and always calls us back so if he works for you regularly he will be happy to take nothing but a cuppa and a chat :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

650gs wrote: »
    Well I run a small building company and we call back all the time to do small repairs just like your saying and don't charge not even the price of a drink I'm quite happy to cover the cost and my client is also happy and always calls us back so if he works for you regularly he will be happy to take nothing but a cuppa and a chat :D

LOL:D

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

You obviously noticed the op's user's name is Niamh :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It sounds like the tradesman is feeling guilty about over-charging in the past.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Sounds more like the trades man is out the door with work for being fair and looking after his clients, if a few more people looked after the people they work for rather than charging for every hook, nail or screw they might find that they would be working rather than doing nothing.
    We work from Wexford to Dundalk and West to Mullingar never been busier we always leave a job as friends rather than the guy that built the house we always go back and always get called back and recommended to family and friends always amazes me how people say F**k her or she will pay for that, a little politeness goes a long way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Sounds more like the trades man is out the door with work for being fair and looking after his clients, if a few more people looked after the people they work for rather than charging for every hook, nail or screw they might find that they would be working rather than doing nothing.
    We work from Wexford to Dundalk and West to Mullingar never been busier we always leave a job as friends rather than the guy that built the house we always go back and always get called back and recommended to family and friends always amazes me how people say F**k her or she will pay for that, a little politeness goes a long way

You should get the Nobel prize for something, or at least a sainthood:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Niamh,Are you a very beautiful looking woman by any chance?
    That could well be it.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭creedp

ejmaztec wrote: »
    You should get the Nobel prize for something, or at least a sainthood:P

Its all a bit of fun isn't but unfortunetaly there are too many jokers out there who operate on the opposite end of the spectrum so its nice to hear of someone who espouses a bit of old fashioned concern for their customers welfare. Don't get me wrong there is a balancing line to be drawn but all too often the client isn't getting his fair share of the benefits. I'm certaintly speaking from experience on that front. So three cheers for the tradepeople who take the extra step ...

Advertisement