Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primal Scream O2 Dublin 29 December 2011

Options

Comments

Thanks for the heads up. Strange to see them revisiting screamadelica, but could be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,324 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Thanks for the heads up. Strange to see them revisiting screamadelica, but could be fun.

They've been playing it all summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Saw them do it twice already & I can't wait for the 3rd - was looking into going to Edinburgh for Hogmanay (the final time they'll play Screamadelica) but hotels were mad dear.
    Delighted they're coming to Dublin :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Birneybau wrote: »
    They've been playing it all summer.

Nearly a year even, saw this show in London in November 2010, and again at Benicassim in July. Will probably go to this aswell mind you.

Are they being a bit ambitious with the o2? Last two times was Olympia. Suppose the Olympia is too small for the giant set up of the Screamadelia tour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

nm wrote: »
    Are they being a bit ambitious with the o2?

Yes, however it's during a quiet period for concerts and The O2 is very light on the amount of events held there these days. I'd say the upper seated tiers will be cordoned off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

This will be some gig I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

It is very expensive for just the 9 songs and the 3 on the encore. I'd LOVE to go though. Seen some of it on Glasto and was hoping they'd play. Just don't have the finds at the moment :(

They don't just do screamadelica though.

This is going to be amazing. Cannot wait.

CiaranK wrote: »
    It is very expensive for just the 9 songs and the 3 on the encore. I'd LOVE to go though. Seen some of it on Glasto and was hoping they'd play. Just don't have the finds at the moment :(

They play a greatest hits set beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

ItsAWindUp wrote: »

Oh rightm I must have been the festival setlist that I was looking at then cause loads of the recent ones are only 11 or 12 songs. I see the earlier sets from the tour is much better :) Cool, That might entice me a bight more to get together the funds

http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=artist:%28Primal+Scream%29+tour:%28Screamadelica+Live+Tour%29

• Advertisement

Will this be a quick sell out? Won't have money for a week or two...

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

Will this be a quick sell out? Won't have money for a week or two...

Not a hope, I'd say. As far as I can recall, the last time they played the Point, it was on the xtrmntr tour, around the same time of year (between Christmas & New Years'). That was nowhere near half full, and with the O2 having a much larger capacity, I'd say this is a very optimistic booking for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

You gotta love O2; the presale link defaults to Britney Spears.

The last time I used the presale they told me it was happening alongside general sale.

Ryaller wrote: »
    Not a hope, I'd say. As far as I can recall, the last time they played the Point, it was on the xtrmntr tour, around the same time of year (between Christmas & New Years'). That was nowhere near half full, and with the O2 having a much larger capacity, I'd say this is a very optimistic booking for them.

I don't think it will sell out but I think there will be a much bigger crowd at this given that, 1. It's Screamadelica so lots of old school fans and 2. They've been on the festival circuit all summer so will have earned themselves a few more fans along the way I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

ffs....i just bought 4 tickets to feckin britney spears instead of the scream.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Delighted this got announced, one of my favourite albums and I wasn't able to make any of the other dates they've done this.

Any sign of a presale code?

In London they did this literally before hand, as in before the support even.

Primal Scream Greatest Hits
    Andrew Weatherall
    Primal Scream Screamadelica

In that order. As a result I missed the greatest hits part, loads did.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭donal666

Nearly 80 quid for a standing ticket is ridiculous...would love to see them though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

• Advertisement

donal666 wrote: »
    Nearly 80 quid for a standing ticket is ridiculous...would love to see them though...

:confused:

It is alright, luckily they cost €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

donal666 wrote: »

tickets are 50 quid. mind you i ended followiing the o2blueroom link from their website which brought me to the britney spears ticketmaster page. they were about 80 quid.

Tickets sorted, we're gonna get loaded!

nm wrote: »
    In London they did this literally before hand, as in before the support even.

Primal Scream Greatest Hits
    Andrew Weatherall
    Primal Scream Screamadelica

In that order. As a result I missed the greatest hits part, loads did.

Were ye given any notice of this at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Really? Any setlists I've seen have just had the album then Rocks, Jailbird and Country Girl.

Will probably go, but if there's a regular set too i'm definitely there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Really? Any setlists I've seen have just had the album then Rocks, Jailbird and Country Girl.

Will probably go, but if there's a regular set too i'm definitely there.

Saw 'em twice (Belfast & Brighton) - neither had a greatest hits dealie - just Screamadelica (but great versions of the songs - different ones got extended each time - seemed like they were still loving it and keeping it fresh both times), then the encore with Rocks, Country Girl and Jailbird... well worth 50quid in my book - tix booked :D

Were ye given any notice of this at all?

No, or at least if the info was put out somewhere it never made it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

just got my tickets for this, tiered seating. But according to the seating plan the whole gig is seated, but the floor is standing isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

just got my tickets for this, tiered seating. But according to the seating plan the whole gig is seated, but the floor is standing isn't it?
    I got standing, so it can't all seated

Why would you want to be seated at a Primal Scream gig??

• Advertisement

Printed off the ticket today, this is gonna be one belter of a gig.

Advertisement