Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bread

Options
  • 11-10-2011 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Just want to find out has anyone out there made Sourdough bread and
    was it successful?:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,590 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Moved to Cooking and Recipes as more appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Can't help except to say that I eat it in large quantities. The local Artisan Baker is the cause of my portly figure :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭golden virginia

I'll always remember the sour milk kept to make bread. ;)
    I'll never forget the dripping kept instead of butter to put on the bread! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

I made it using the river cottage everyday book recipe, think you can get it on the river cottage forum on their website, it takes a few days to make the starter and also a time to make the bread ( not actually working on the bread but letting adding the starter, letting it rise etc), but I must say it is worth it, it makes lovely bread and once you have the starter made and keep it 'alive' then you have it forever, let me know if you want the recipe and I'll dig it out for ya

:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Recent thread about it HERE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 katopyrgos

looksee wrote: »
    Moved to Cooking and Recipes as more appropriate.
    Thanks Looksee, not used to this mode of communications yet.:)

Recent thread about it HERE
    Thanks for the tip. I have already the starter put in fridge. Just testing the water.:)

nihicib2 wrote: »
    I made it using the river cottage everyday book recipe, think you can get it on the river cottage forum on their website, it takes a few days to make the starter and also a time to make the bread ( not actually working on the bread but letting adding the starter, letting it rise etc), but I must say it is worth it, it makes lovely bread and once you have the starter made and keep it 'alive' then you have it forever, let me know if you want the recipe and I'll dig it out for ya

:D
    Thanks alot. Have already starter in fridge. Trying to pluck up Courage to use
    it . I have no problem with yeast bread and soda bread. I d be obliged for recipe.:P

Advertisement