Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy a sofa in Dublin?

Options
  • 11-10-2011 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi, I am looking to buy a good quality comfortable sofa set or L shaped sofa for my new place in Dublin... I would like to be able to go to the store's showroom and test out the couches before deciding which one to buy -- can you recommend a few stores where I can do this? It doesn't have to be in the city centre...
    Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

amandausa wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking to buy a good quality comfortable sofa set or L shaped sofa for my new place in Dublin... I would like to be able to go to the store's showroom and test out the couches before deciding which one to buy -- can you recommend a few stores where I can do this? It doesn't have to be in the city centre...
    Thanks!!
    Price range?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Cost Plus Sofa's... there's one in Gullivers Retail Park in Northwood, Santry.

Harvey Norman

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

IKEA

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

I'm not sure, but I think this place called DFS is good, saw an ad for them on TV, I believe they are having a sale, so you need to get down there fast, those bargain prices rarely hang around for long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

I'm wondering the same thing myself, lots of recommendations for bigmickey.ie on Boards, have looked at reviews for DFS and they aren't amazing enough for me to go up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

If you are looking for quality, Arnotts or Reids are good, but pricey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

If you are looking for quality, Arnotts or Reids are good, but pricey

reids are gone a good while and were terrible with their customers

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amandausa

Thank you so much to everyone! I want to have a really nice and comfortable sofa -- so I am willing to spend 1000 on it and could go a couple hundred up from that if there was something that really suited.

Obviously if I could get a better deal that would be great! But I am willing to spend the money for quality -- I really want to see them in person before deciding, so I will have to get to some of these stores and start shopping... thanks for all the suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

reids are gone a good while and were terrible with their customers

IdDidnt know Reids were gone:(. We waited a long time for the likes of Reids, Land of Leather etc to come to the republic and they are all disappearing. I used to love Diamond Living and they are gone now also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Cost Plus Sofas are great to deal with and do nice, good value, furniture.

• Advertisement

Just looking at all the websites... Harvey Norman has a good selection of corner sofas and so does DFS -- their sale looks great too! Is there only a DFS in Belfast? Wonder if its worth going up there to check them out... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kazvixen

AJ Furniture in Capel Street is a great little shop - they do bespoke couchs that can be made up to your exact measurements and style and have a great selection of fabrics. I recommended them on this site before. (i have no affiliation with the shop - bought a bespoke chair from them a while ago and the quality is great).

thanks Kaz - sounds nice - what are their prices like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Marks & Spencer have 20% - 30% off fabric sofas, at the minute, a large love seat, would do as a 2 seater for about 850 in your choice of fabric. A little pricey but I'm seriously considering it for the quality. Wil be on til the 6th of Nov. according to the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 leafyleaf

Cost Plus Sofas have a Groupon going at the moment for a voucher for money off that is worth buying if you are planning to get a sofa from them anyway...

Has anyone ever bought a sofa from CFSFurniture? They have a Groupon going for a 2 seater and 3 seater set that just seems too cheap:
    http://www.mad4deals.com/category/Home
    Anyone bought that sofa they are offering? It doesn't look like they have a showroom to view it in so I'd love to hear if anyone owns it already and if its comfy and decent quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 maybeline

leafyleaf wrote: »
    Cost Plus Sofas have a Groupon going at the moment for a voucher for money off that is worth buying if you are planning to get a sofa from them anyway...

Has anyone ever bought a sofa from CFSFurniture? They have a Groupon going for a 2 seater and 3 seater set that just seems too cheap:
    http://www.mad4deals.com/category/Home
    Anyone bought that sofa they are offering? It doesn't look like they have a showroom to view it in so I'd love to hear if anyone owns it already and if its comfy and decent quality.

Yes it seems to be too cheap doesn't it. Only 53 bought all day. They had a similar one in Belfast deals and 1422 bought

So, I am going sofa shopping this weekend! I got the measurements and have an idea of what I would like in mind.. I saw that there is a Cost Plus Sofa and also a Harvey Norman in Carrickmines -- so I was thinking that would be a good place to go -- do you know if these stores have a big selection?

I might also buy a mattress and some other small tables and accent pieces so hopefully they will be willing to negotiate prices :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Looking for a Leather sofa also any recommendations where to get it? Had a look in cost plus sofa and Furniture liquidator in Carrickmines- did a review online and the reviews were not great - anyone else dealt with them? Any other recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

portmarnock furnishings custom make some lovely gear.im sure they would easy sort you out for a grand or so

Advertisement