Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rock the frock,

• 11-10-2011 4:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

hiya, i did a rock the frock shoot this week with a friend of mine,as an experiment, took about 450 pics altogether so still going thru them , but initially i am very pleased with what ive done, i didnt have any reflectors with me and wish i had but just used my gf1 and speedlite.
    i had a couple with blown out highlights on the dress which i couldnt see on my camera screen, and i didnt have the histogram turned on, so i will learn from that mistake. it was difficult on the beach because the sunlight was really harsh, but overall :)

of course c+c welcome, i really enjoyed myself and want to do more!!

my car broke down on the way home which was a bad end to a good day!!

98E728B5F6D74332A13E9DBFB5A8FB20-0000326458-0002581462-01024L-77B81B5027D449478DEF09184AC132F6.jpg

B7A88D753D19477597E0C28AC1C7AF30-0000326458-0002581472-01024L-3510876272394EAE93B26FCFEBA084C3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

for me personally, rock the frock or trash the dress or whatever the kids are calling it nowadays, should be about the dress, and the freedom and fun abandon the woman would be feeling, not worrying about getting it wrecked, in a fun and happy shoot.

sorry, but i don't get that from these two examples.

the beach location is a good though. as is that nice wall or whatever she's in front of in the second shot.but you're just too close. there isn't enough of the dress in the shot, and you don't get enough of a context where she is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

i see where ure coming from, i guess its what it means to the person wearing the dress, in this instance it was taking the dress out of a wedding situation putting it in places you wouldnt go and not worrying if it got wrecked in the meantime.
    i was give the dress so it wasnt anything special, and definitely not a dress i would choose, but sure.
    ive more to upload, some show more dress, some dont.

CC4A603A59DA41EEA7246C044BFC45B5-0000326458-0002581486-00800L-B69748251B094674949641046AEBAEB5.jpg

ah right, ok. well for me maybe that's what's missing in them then. it's just a girl in a frock where you wouldn't expect her to be wearing such a frock, but she doesn't have that attachment or history with the dress. but even in that, there's things that jar with me. like her make up is a bit ott. she's gorgeous and has a really strong presence in herself already, without that much make up. it makes the shots look too contrived... or something.

there's much better shots in the rest of the album i think - like the one on the bridge maybe. i dunno. i've been loking at trash the dress shots a lot lately cause i'd love to do one myself for the laugh, and our wedding photographer has some amazingly cool examples on their website but it'd have to be in ireland and i have yet to find an irish tog who's stuff i like :-(

thanks, its definitely good to get other peoples points of view, if i hadnt called it rock the frock and just put up some pictures i might get a different reaction, lol, it was all totally contrived because we decided that's what we'd do, but its funny because ive been looking at trash the dress stuff for months now online and didnt really think any of them were up to much, or didnt really suit the title 'trash the dress/rock the frock' etc, they were all a bit lame and i wanted to do something different- so i suppose ive acheived that!

mmm... probably because the whole idea of doing a shoot in yer wedding dress after the wedding is a rather recent vegas/californian idea, and we got married over there i'm probably just more drawn to how they do it, so don't take anything i said to heart, lol. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 aliise

i did a rock the frock session after my wedding and i have to say they are my favourite photos out of my wedding photos. i really like your photos (i am not a professional, just having a nose :) ) i esp love the one with the roller skates. I think the model should also wear something else that also brings their personality to the shoot. for me my dh wore his cons with his suit, i wore high heel boots under the dress, had my hair down and back combed a bit and had dark eye make up a bit like your model and the photos really turned out great.

good work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I like em. They ooze fun and that is good.

First and third aren't bad (third is my favourite) but i have to say that I really don't like the amount of dead space in the second image. The girl is barely in there.

I also thought that a 'rock the frock' shoot was to do with destroying the dress? I never looked into it, but i was always under the impression that's what it was?!

First and third aren't bad (third is my favourite) but i have to say that I really don't like the amount of dead space in the second image. The girl is barely in there.

I also thought that a 'rock the frock' shoot was to do with destroying the dress? I never looked into it, but i was always under the impression that's what it was?!

thanks for all the comments :) always nice to see other points of view.

i have to reiterate that i think i was just taking photos that were pleasing to my eye, i shudnt have gone with the title rock the frock- we didnt 'trash the dress' ( were going to glendalough to get it wet in the lake)

the 2nd one is nearly my favourite, with the grey concrete and red paint, red on the chair and in her lips, i think it looks like an album cover, theres space to do some title there.
    theres a load of different ones on my pix.ie page, i still have loads to finish off but im fed up with looking at them now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I think that technically, all are good. Well exposed, sharp, visually appealing, good skin tones & eyeballs...

Each individual photograph is well posed & set up, and I can see a lot of effort went into them.

But - what's your theme?

Here is my interpretation...

#1 - love the juxtaposition of poolbeg - to me, theme = newlywed, stars in eyes, idealism, young, energetic, hope, pensive, contrasted with the loom of poolbeg industry/economy/survival behind

#2 = black corset & makeup=hawt, backdrop= poverty - widowed/divorcee? looking away - looking for a man/new partner?

#3 = frothy dress, concrete steps, and...rollerskates? WTF?

I hope you dont take this negatively....I dont mean it so - and, thanks for posting - you have some great ideas going on there.

- FoxT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

aliise wrote: »
    i did a rock the frock session after my wedding and i have to say they are my favourite photos out of my wedding photos. i really like your photos (i am not a professional, just having a nose :) ) i esp love the one with the roller skates. I think the model should also wear something else that also brings their personality to the shoot. for me my dh wore his cons with his suit, i wore high heel boots under the dress, had my hair down and back combed a bit and had dark eye make up a bit like your model and the photos really turned out great.

good work

Havent posted in AGES but I was linked to this.

Aliise if you are who I think you are, dont be afraid to post a pic. I wont post one just in case you dont want it seen.

Advertisement