Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pedestrian lights out on O'Connell Street

Options
  • 11-10-2011 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the story is with the lights on O'Connell Street? (The pedestrian ones in the centre of the road, to cross the quays onto the bridge). They haven't been working for over a week now, they just stay on red, even though the sets of lights on either side turn green.

I cross there every day, so I know when it's safe to go, but I've seen people waiting three/four turns of the lights before realising they're broken - and other people who get fed up waiting and try to cross when there's traffic turning left.

It's such a busy road that it's dangerous not to have functioning pedestrian lights - but would I be wasting my time emailing the council about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

People actually use the pedestrian lights? :eek:

:pac:

Well ring the corpo Roads and Traffic I think or Public Lighting(?). Um, not sure exactly which category that would fall in to (no, I don't work for the corpo!).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

chin_grin wrote: »
    People actually use the pedestrian lights? :eek:

:pac:

Well ring the corpo Roads and Traffic I think or Public Lighting(?). Um, not sure exactly which category that would fall in to (no, I don't work for the corpo!).

They do crossing the quays at O'Connell Street, yeah. Crossing O'Connell Street itself, no, but it's almost impossible to cross onto the bridge without them at rush hour :P

I assumed they'd know about it, but they've been out at least 8 days now...

Advertisement