Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Rugby

Options
  • 11-10-2011 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

I recieved a week ban from the Rugby Forum by the moderator Justsomebloke for being a troll. I have always posted on the rugby and never once have I trolled, I offered my opinion on a thread and this was the post

"I don't care what peoples opinions are. But I stand by what I said. People who are not well built and are beginners will get smashed especially if they are nervous in the tackle. I've seen it happen with my very own eyes. I think it's stupid that someone would want to play rugby after never playing it all their life, it's known fact that some people over the rugby setups are arrogant and outright ignorant people to beginners".

That's not trolling thats me offering my opinion, because I've seen it happening. I hope the ban willl be lifted as I'm shocked I got it in the first place.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Hi,

Have you contacted Justsomebloke about this issue..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

Dub13 wrote: »
    Hi,

Have you contacted Justsomebloke about this issue..?

Yes I have contacted him about it, and we have had a long and detailed discussion about it. However he has told me that he believes it to be trolling as he seemed to think it was my intent to turn people away from playing rugby. He also went along to throw up the fact that I was banned from Leinsterfans and Munsterfans aswell, which is a completely irrelvant matter as it has nothing to do with boards.ie. I also explained to him that I have never once trolled on boards.ie...No one has ever once accused me of trolling on boards.ie. No one even mentioned that the post in question was trolling, but yet the moderator is convinced that my post is trolling. I told him that trolling is done over several posts, and when someone has one intent and that is to be a Saboteur on a thread or forum. However the moderator said to me that you can troll in one post. I disagree as my post is my opinion of my first hand experience and is indeed fact. It is very far away from trolling in my books, but the moderator can have his power, and use it to his advantage, he also seems cross and not happy that I've appealed this banning.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Ok you have contacted Justsomebloke so we can deal with this here.

I have had a read over the thread and while I can see your point about your comments been your opinion and you stand by them I am trying to look at the bigger picture.This is a thread about lads starting to play rugby looking for advice and info on clubs.So here is your first comment...
    Conas wrote: »
    Is J5 the very lowest league in Ireland? I doubt you'd get many people going to watch those matches.

Imagine your first match as a beginner. I'd say you'd get some smashing. You'd be running around like a headless chicken, probaly a penalty machine aswell, because you'd probaly be offside the whole time, fumbling the ball. Making a show of yourself.

I cannot see one element of this post which is helpful,in fact I would go as far as to say its mocking anybodies decision to start playing.This post has a condescending tone to it.

Here is your next contribution.
    Conas wrote: »
    I don't care what peoples opinions are. But I stand by what I said. People who are not well built and are beginners will get smashed especially if they are nervous in the tackle. I've seen it happen with my very own eyes. I think it's stupid that someone would want to play rugby after never playing it all their life, it's known fact that some people over the rugby setups are arrogant and outright ignorant people to beginners.

In this post you are attacking the whole rugby setup.You say you don't care what peoples opinions are,well you should.Again while this in your opinion may well be fair comment,in my eyes it was made in the wrong thread.For these comments to be made in a thread about lads starting out is trolling or in the very least tread spoiling.There is a time and a place for stuff like this,and a thread like this one is not the right time and place.

So I think the mods call was correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

No problem I'll accept the ban. It's only a few days anyway. Thanks for your reply.

Advertisement