Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Opinion] Asus Intel Performance Bundle [Dabs]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

It's not great value but it's ok. You could do better if you looked somewhere like hardwareversand.de or if you were to spend a bit more, you could get something like a P8P67 + 4GB and a similar processor. You wouldn't get any better speed, but you would get a few extra features and a better upgrade path.

PSU - It would probably make an OK 450W PSU, which would be enough for the system in mind but you'd be better off getting a good quality PSU. You'd really want to be nearly doubling the budget for the PSU.
    If money is tight though, this one would be ok.
    http://www.dabs.ie/products/xfx-450-watt-core-edition-single-rail-psu-w--full-wired-cables-7NSV.html

I think the 6770 is the best value around that point at the moment. Do you have certain games in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Guerrero_

i think i will leave my old card Hd4850 512mb but when i play it is heating up to 100 degrees, i wonder what is the reason.

A 4850 is fine, a 6770 wouln't be that much better. 4850s can go up to 70 and 80C, if I recall correctly, but 100 is much too high. You should check to see if you can increase fan speeds and make sure that your case has good airflow.

I decided for this hardware below and I will order it tomorrow, I got only 230euro so I hope it is going to be good, at most of the time I'm watching movies only and some games in free time like "Star wars force unleashed 1,2" "Crysis 1,2" "All CODS" maybe "NFS"

New Hardware:
    Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 AMD Motherboard
    AMD AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1Ghz 2MB 95W Processor
    Patriot 4GB (2x2GB) Signature DDR3 1333MHz CL9 Memory
    Samsung 160GB 3.5" 7200RPM SATA
    CiT 750W Black PSU 12CM Dual 12v CE PFC Model 750UB

Old Hardware that stays:
    Sapphire HD4850 512mb (OC)
    Asus Xonar DX Sound Card

I'm worrying about CPU Cooler do i need to buy one? Or it is going to be with this bundle which I'm ordering.
    http://www.dabs.ie/products/asus-amd-best-buy-bundle--inc-m5a78l-m-usb3-motherboard--amd-athlon-ii-x4-645-and-2gb-ddr3-memory--7J0R.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

A 750 watt PSU for 32 euros? no no - stay away, very explodey. Gotta raise the budget for the PSU I'm afraid.
    Not much experience with XFX, but this is much better and 80+
    http://www.dabs.ie/products/xfx-550-watt-core-edition-full-wired-80--bronze-psu-7NSW.html

Also, the graphics card at 100c? wow, maybe give it a good clean of any dust, etc and perhaps the heatsink isn't attached properly? (buy some thermal paste if you want to reattach) - plenty of videos on youtube how to do it

Whats your total max budget for everything?

• Advertisement

Graphic Card is fine now, I added extra fan near it and it's cool down to 70 while playing games.

I have only 230 euro... so I will choose this one:
    http://www.dabs.ie/products/corsair-500-watt-cx500-v2-builder-series-80-plus-power-supply-7K9H.html?refs=55420000&q=power

The XFX is a considerably better PSU - higher efficiency and higher amps on the 12V rail (34A vs 44A).

I took your advice and I have ordered XFX, Thank You very much for your help!!!! You think its going to be on monday? Im from galway. I Cant wait!!!

GUYS I NEED SOME HELP ABOUT THIS THING !!!!

I have ordered stuff on dabs week ago, they dispatched also week ago on Friday, when i saw my tracking details today i got this:

Anpost.ie tracking: ITEM IN DEPOT KILBARRACK DUBLIN 5 21-Oct-11 RETURN TO SENDER

Parcelforce tracking: 21-10-2011 13:27 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF Received at delivery depot

My stuff should arrive 2 days ago but... still nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 KamSaw

Grand little bundle but the fact is you can usually put it together yourself cheaper on dabs. (They usually pick expensive ram). Not sure of best value brand power supplies, I know corsair have a good quality 500W for 39 quid on dabs. Here's a nice 5770 for 92 quid. Would be a good build altogether

• Advertisement

I have already ordered everything but that was last time i was ordering there... any idea about what i wrote in post above.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Most-likely is that An Post tried to deliver to your house, and couldn't (you weren't there or something). They should have left you a failed delivery slip, which you take to the depot to collect your package.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Guerrero_ wrote: »
    I have already ordered everything but that was last time i was ordering there... any idea about what i wrote in post above.
    I've had issues with dabs deliveries before. Send them an email if you don't have a missed delivery slip advising them that it's on them to ship again as no attempt was made to deliver.

the delivery wasn't even in my city. England/dublin/cork mail centre/dublin im from galway they did not even send it to me. i do not have slip i was all the time at home past week and they have my number so... I sended email to anpost and to dabs customer service... time to wait for some answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Guerrero_ wrote: »
    the delivery wasn't even in my city. England/dublin/cork mail centre/dublin im from galway they did not even send it to me. i do not have slip i was all the time at home past week and they have my number so... I sended email to anpost and to dabs customer service... time to wait for some answers.

Best thing would to call an post up. I don't know if anybody even reads the emails at an post :rolleyes:

Latest from parcelforce

21-10-2011 18:00 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF Delivery attempted

Status - Hold

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Parcelforce are useless, I've had nothing but problems and lies from them in the past. Dabs.ie really need to give you the option of using the likes of DHL...

Advertisement