Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby going into her own room - any tips

Options
  • 11-10-2011 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Think its time junior was evicted so have decided shes going tonight or in the next few days. Any advice on how to do this as smoothly as possible? Shes 6 months now but I think me jumping to her every squirm and putting her soother in her mouth is doing her no favours and is driving me insane with the tiredness.

Should I ease her in gently or just go for it tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Happyzebra

You could chance it and put her on her own...it might work! I did the cry it out thing and felt so guilty ( still do). In the end I found having her get use to being in the room on own her during the day for naps helped. Eventually she went to bed at night problem free and still does to this day. It takes longer this way but you'll feel better about yourself in the long run! Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

We found, and still do, that sitting with her for a while in her room before putting her into the cot works. We just went straight into it by starting a routine were we give her the night bottle in her room, sit with her until she's winded and just put her in. We have one of those little projector things which plays either lullabies or sea and river noises and go with the water noises which is fairly soothing, even for me, and that's that.

At the beginning we'd have a bit of crying but nothing too major.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Thanks guys, just put her up. I read her a story. Shes making her new screechy sounds. I usually jump when I hear them but often find shes giggling away when I get there. Think she may be playing me. Its hard to know if shes genuinely distressed or not as I always run at her least whimper - which is why she has been evicted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Just to update, this is going well. Not making strange with the room or any freakouts. In fact she has happily napped there during the day too.

However the same old problem is going on - she cries in her sleep for her soother at all hours which means mammy is sleep walking into her 4/5 times a night to replace it. People tell me she will learn how to put it in her own mouth soon but she doesnt even attempt to look for it as shes asleep. Anyone have this problem and find a way around it? Am desperate for sleep :eek:

Advertisement