Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lenovo ignoring me

• 11-10-2011 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi folks,

My Lenovo (still under warranty) fell asunder last month. Lenovo collected it and gave me an RMA etc. Since then I have not heard from them. I have called a UK support no, and sent them a registered letter to their Hook, UK office. But still nothing. They do not provide an email address forcing me down the path of phone/post. Ive been without my laptop for a month and am annoyed at the appalling treatment. I wrote to the retailer (Amazon) tonight asking them to help.

Has anyone any similar experiences with Lenovo? Any advice as to my next step?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Seems to be standard Lenovo behaviour unfortunately.

If you search for a phrase like 'Lenovo customer care' on the official Lenovo forum http://forums.lenovo.com/ all you get back is complaints about people being ignored and getting the run around, receiving their computers back with the original problems still present etc...

If you post in this thread here http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/Order-related-customer-service-concerns/td-p/185709 an administrator seems to be fairly quick about asking the complainant to send them a PM so they can get the issue sorted but I'm not sure if anything much actually happens after that. But might be worth a try.

It's a shame the after sale care is so sh1t because they make some nice computers (when they work) which seem to blow away a lot of the competition in reviews.

Just keep onto them I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭m1nder

Thanks strobe. I have posted on that forum. Lenovo stuff used to be ok imo but this particular model always felt weak in the hands. The case always felt like it was too think and flexible. The customer service is scary. Now I'm thinking how to get rid of this dam thing and never ever again purchase a Lenovo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Op where did you buy it from?

If it's still under warranty it too should still be within the time frame in which you can return to the retailer who sold it to you for a remedy.That time frame is not limited to a year incidentally.
    If you get no joy from lenovo bring it back to the store. They may send it for repair but if after 3 attempts repair is not successful you would be entitled to a refund.

You would need to have proof of purchase by the way. That would mean either a receipt or if you payed by cheque,credit card or laser card then you're ok even if you don't have a receipt.

Disappointed to hear this about Lenovo. I just bought one the other day. It hasn't arrived yet.?:/

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭m1nder

Op where did you buy it from?

If it's still under warranty it too should still be within the time frame in which you can return to the retailer who sold it to you for a remedy.That time frame is not limited to a year incidentally.
    If you get no joy from lenovo bring it back to the store. They may send it for repair but if after 3 attempts repair is not successful you would be entitled to a refund.

You would need to have proof of purchase by the way. That would mean either a receipt or if you payed by cheque,credit card or laser card then you're ok even if you don't have a receipt.

Disappointed to hear this about Lenovo. I just bought one the other day. It hasn't arrived yet.?:/

I bought it from Amazon. I went to them in the first instance and they told me to contact Lenovo directly. I emailed them again tonight. Their reply was less than helpful.

Advertisement