Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulated plaster board fixings

• 11-10-2011 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I have had some insulated board fitted to some internal walls, the total depth, including skim coat is about 10cm, I want to hang radiator brackets, can some recommend fixings.

Cheers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I have had some insulated board fitted to some internal walls, the total depth, including skim coat is about 10cm, I want to hang radiator brackets, can some recommend fixings.

Cheers.

Door frame fixings (long plugs and screws).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Cheers.
    For small single panel rads you might get away with toggle bolts but i never use these unless i have no other choice , your other options are to use frame fixers or the best thing to do would be to cut a section of the plasterboard the exact size of the rad bracket and fit a piece of timber the dept of thr insulation to the wall and then refit the plasterboard to the timber without the insulation on the back of it , this will give you the most secure and stable fixture for the brackets

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

toggle bolts are not worth a shyte with insuated slab/plasterboard.

Frame fixers drilled and screwed into the blockwork behind the insulated board are the way to go.

Thats what I did in my entire house,with regards insulated plasterboard and rads.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Hi,

I'll be doing the same very soon.

Would chemical ancor and threaded metal bar be a good option?

or what mm frame fixer do you need? (double rads, 1.6m long) 100 mm insulated p'board too..

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

Thanks people,

Into the masonary it is then!

• Advertisement
Advertisement