Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tickets to CIT Graduation Ceremony

• 11-10-2011 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey Im graduating in CI.T. on the 21st October. CIT only allocate 2 tickets per person for family to the ceremony, I need 2 more tickets as a few more members of my family want to go. Are they strict about people attending the graduation ceremony having to have tickets to get in?
    Or does anybody know how I could get 2 more tickets?:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

CIT allocates 2 tickets per student being conferred as it is the fairest solution based on the seating available in the Student Centre.

If there is seating available after all ticket holders are seated they may allow others in to fill any remaining seating. Unfortunately this means there is no guarantee that people without tickets will gain entry to the Student Centre.

The ceremony will also be video streamed live on www.cit.ie/live for those who cannot attend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Has anyone recieved their tickets etc in the post yet? I thought usually I would have them by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 missor

Mr Morphine I recieved an information pack in the post last week it contained a few leaflets about professional photos, information on the cermony getting robes etc the information leaflet is the ticket it stated just bring it with you on the day.
    If you are attending the ceremony you must email awards@cit.ie stating your name, student number, course title and that you will be attending the graduation on the specific day.

If you havnt recieved anything perhaps just get in contact with your department head or secretary hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

missor wrote: »
    Mr Morphine I recieved an information pack in the post last week it contained a few leaflets about professional photos, information on the cermony getting robes etc the information leaflet is the ticket it stated just bring it with you on the day.
    If you are attending the ceremony you must email awards@cit.ie stating your name, student number, course title and that you will be attending the graduation on the specific day.

If you havnt recieved anything perhaps just get in contact with your department head or secretary hope that helps.

Cheers.. I just recieved it yesterday morning. Very late especially since you had to email in by today latest to let them know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

CIT allocates 2 tickets per student being conferred as it is the fairest solution based on the seating available in the Student Centre.

If there is seating available after all ticket holders are seated they may allow others in to fill any remaining seating. Unfortunately this means there is no guarantee that people without tickets will gain entry to the Student Centre.

The ceremony will also be video streamed live on www.cit.ie/live for those who cannot attend.

Delighted about the livestream, my father is in ill health and won't be able to make it to the grads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Does anyone know if the live footage was recorded and available somewhere? - I didn't know the ceremony was live until afterwards so my grandparents missed out. They'd have loved to seen it.

Graduated 2 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

I doubt I have the conferrings from two years ago still on file but will check and reply if found. I got a new computer since so it might be on the old one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I doubt I have the conferrings from two years ago still on file but will check and reply if found. I got a new computer since so it might be on the old one.
    Thanks, that would be great. It was the computing one.

Advertisement