Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man killed by Luas at heuston

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

wow, that's really surprising

that looked like such a safe lane to walk on whenever I passed it.

this is it, right? [LINK]

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

novarock wrote: »
    I couldnt see a thread on this - did anybody see what happened? I imagine it was a crossing the road incident, tragic...

http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-dies-after-collision-with-tram-in-dublin-523983.html

I didn't see it happen but the aul lad did. The poor lad who was knocked down was drunk according to my dad and stumbled out on front of it supposedly. Won't go into the detail as it isn't pleasent.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Very sad. Must have been devastating for the Luas driver if the guy did stumble out in front of him.

I would imagine it wasn't too pleasant for the people on the Luas either.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

omg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Is that the first death from the Luas or has there been one before?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

wyndham wrote: »
    Is that the first death from the Luas or has there been one before?

Second death.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I was listening to Newstalk on the way into work this morning and didn't hear a word about this! Strange how little coverage it appears to have gotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Poor bloke. I get it every day and was trying to get home last night but didn't know why they had shut it down.

Seems mad that it could happen but just a tragic accident and the trams go fast enough down that hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

stovelid wrote: »
    Poor bloke. I get it every day and was trying to get home last night but didn't know why they had shut it down.

Seems mad that it could happen but just a tragic accident and the trams go fast enough down that hill.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more deaths on that stretch. I used to get the tram to and from the Heuston stop, and tons of people would just walk across the lane without looking, even when the tram would be ringing it's "ding ding ding" approaching bell! I've seen a few get knocks. I've seen 2 people get hit by it, one was a man of about 80, tried to run across it. Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

God love him, the poor man :( I often cycle up that stretch.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

I'm surprised there are so few fatalities the way pedestrians behave and then the young fellahs on bikes who fly past very close to people who might suddenly decide to move into their path as well as taking corners blindly where small children are playing.I think sometimes there is a fondness for death and destruction in people that we allow things to get so bad.Some accidents are disguised suicides i believe or a failed attempt at compo.The speed really builds up on steevens lane on the Luas.Normally the driver is looking out for the drunk or suicide it must have being a sudden lurch.???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

My band practice at the top of the hill there, so know the area well, Im guessing the lack of coverage is likely because the guy might be in the area for the homeless shelter at the top of the hill. Horrible thing to happen.

novarock wrote: »
    My band practice at the top of the hill there, so know the area well, Im guessing the lack of coverage is likely because the guy might be in the area for the homeless shelter at the top of the hill. Horrible thing to happen.

Well the guards are taking it seriously anyway, my dad who I commented about earlier was called back to Kilmainham Garda Station today to clarify stuff on his statement from yesterday as he was literally standing a few mins from your man who died.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

PSychiatric hospital there too .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Well the guards are taking it seriously anyway, my dad who I commented about earlier was called back to Kilmainham Garda Station today to clarify stuff on his statement from yesterday as he was literally standing a few mins from your man who died.

Your poor dad, that's a horrible thing to have to witness.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mikeala

oh that is sad rip god love his family,this is the second death Ive heard about

cosmic wrote: »
    Your poor dad, that's a horrible thing to have to witness.

He's grand and according to the Guards the luas driver is not to shaken either which I suppose is the only good to come from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭magicface1

I was waiting for the luas at heuston when this happened not the most pleasant thing to see when your waiting for the luas.. RIP to the man feel so sorry for the Luas driver. he was given no chance e.g reaction time.. Fair pay to the emergency services that were there so fast!

Advertisement