Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Clearance for e47 Visa

• 11-10-2011 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi All,

We have just go notification that our employer nominated visa has been approved and we have to forward our visa application. does anyone know what the process is to get garda clearance for myself and partner, costs and how long it takes. Will my local garda station have the forms.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

EskimoJack wrote: »
    Hi All,

We have just go notification that our employer nominated visa has been approved and we have to forward our visa application. does anyone know what the process is to get garda clearance for myself and partner, costs and how long it takes. Will my local garda station have the forms.

cheers

its free
    just go into the local garda station and they will tell you what to do. iirc i had to write a letter into the super saying who i was and where i lived presently and any previous addresses what the purpose of the cert was for. got it back in the post about 10-14 days later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Do a search on the forum for 'Garda Cert' or similar

I have attached the official form, although a number of people can get the cert without it.

When I went to get mine I was given the run around for a week (I was even told I need to apply in person), but eventually got there

I filled this form out and got it certified and then emailed it (don't ask me why I needed it cert if I was making a copy!)

anyway can take between 1-3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pauldolan28

There seems to be an updated form for a Police Certificate which my local station e-mailed to me for anyone who needs one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I did mine not long ago, in January. You send them a letter, to the area superintendent (list available online) and post them a letter requesting what you want the visa for and all the addresses you've lived at in Ireland along with a photocopy of your passport. You also give them a postage paid self addressed envelope and you get your vert back within 3 weeks.

All here

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=2742&Lang=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but does anyone know if i can fill out the above form, scan it and e-mail it to the station? With a scanned copy of my passport etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

read up bud. :rolleyes:

Advertisement