Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ideas for Halloween Dinner Party

Options
  • 11-10-2011 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭

We're having family over on the 30th and need some recipe ideas. It'll be 3 kids and 6 adults. One adult doesn't eat meat but will eat fish, and another doesn't eat fish but loves meat. I'm thinking pea soup (slime soup) for starters with bread rolls done as witches fingers, after that i'm a bit lost. Normally I do a veggie carb dish, veg or salad, then a meat and fish choice. So the sides have to suit both protein options. I do want to keep a scarey theme going as the kids will love it.
    I'm a good cook and my guests will be expecting good food that is a bit sophisticated but not ultra fancy. I'm thinking cherry pie for dessert, i'll call it something like bloody slice.
    All ideas welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

What about something like a spaghetti and meatballs for the kids (and ?adults) main, you could say it was brains and eyeballs!!

I'm having a halloween party but it's Day of the Dead theme, so all the food is Mexican!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Be sure to give the kids Garibaldi biscuits & tell them that the raisins are actually dead flies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

mino mozzarellas with an olive pushed in and a tomatto sauce drizzelled over - eyeballs!

Ive seen them made before and quite frankly had difficulty getting past the realism. Fortunatley, greed took over and I gouged along with the best of em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

It's a little bit dessert-centric but there's some great ideas for halloween food (and scary halloween presentation!) here

http://www.tastespotting.com/search/halloween/1

Advertisement