Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas-ish Beers - 26th November - MacTurcaills

Options
  • 11-10-2011 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭

Evening all.As the nights are closing in and the weather is getting colder,tis an even better excuse to go drinking,not that most of us need an excuse anyway but ya know,makes us look slightly less alkyish.

Id say this month is a write off as we are pretty much half way through it,December is Christmas parties and all the rubbish that goes with the holiday season so thats leaves November smack dab in the middle.

Ive added a poll to see when suits the majority and as usual any venue suggestions should be lashed on thread aswell.I reckon that where ever gets picked I will book an area as I dont fancy getting given out again to by certain people *cough*Larianne*cough* for not having somewhere reserved.

I also have a picture of Maguined's French Fancy (that he didnt bother showing up to claim I might add) on my phone that I will endeavor to get onto my laptop to show those that have never attended a tGC beers just how classy we are.
    :pac:

Ive just included Saturday nights in the poll as the consensus seems to be that most people dont have to work on Sundays.

Location Map

Beers - When? 30 votes

Saturday November 5th
    0%
    Saturday November 12th
    13%
    Lariannecoffee_cakeCaptain Havocomahony01 4 votes
    Saturday November 19th
    23%
    Unknownthe_sycocoffee_cakefoxyboxerThat_GuyTeddyTedsonomahony01 7 votes
    Saturday November 26th
    23%
    Unknowncoffee_cakeThat_GuyRaze_them_allToniTuddlereallyroseomahony01 7 votes
    Saturday December 3rd
    23%
    Unknowncoffee_cakeThat_GuyRaze_them_allHyperbullethdowneyomahony01 7 votes
    Any Date Is Good For Me
    16%
    UnknownHyperbulletreallyrosepetebricquetteomahony01 5 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Saturday December 3rd
    Mid to late november as alot of people tend to go to halloween beers, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Mid to late november as alot of people tend to go to halloween beers, no?

Just more reasons to go for beers :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I've got my annual class piss up on the 5th, and would like to break my boards beers virginity, so any date other than the 5th suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Jayzuz Otis stop giving people a choice, it's only causes consternation and lets be honest you are never ever going to please everyone. Just pick a date that suits yerself and see who turns up.
    If we can't make that date then we'll make the next Beers, or the one after that. :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

OldGoat wrote: »
    Jayzuz Otis stop giving people a choice, it's only causes consternation and lets be honest you are never ever going to please everyone. Just pick a date that suits yerself and see who turns up.
    If we can't make that date then we'll make the next Beers, or the one after that. :cool:

Better off at least trying to suit as many as possible IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I agree with OldGoat. By giving people choice you're giving yourself grief. I know this from doing beers on other fora. Everyone moans about having to babysit or go to work the next day.

Pick a date that seems reasonable. If an overwhelming majority can't make it then change it (unless you like drinking on your own - I know I do).

In fairness the only moaning so far has been about giving people a choice. The polls have worked well for other TGC beers this year. Why change it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

It was a lighthearted throwaway comment folk. No need for knickertwisting.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I thought OldGoat was just taking the piss? :confused:

OldGoat wrote: »
    It was a lighthearted throwaway comment folk. No need for knickertwisting.

It wasn't knicker twisting, just the polls/idea of giving choice have been getting attacked in recent beers threads so was defending their honour!

If my knickers were actually in a twist, it would have been a much longer post than a one liner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I work every second Sunday :(

Imagine if I could come though! Sure I'll keep an eye on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I say we piggy back the Noc beers on the 29th in Messrs....

THEN do a winter beers too! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Seen that alright however its clashing with Horrorthon.

Then again there will be beers.

Hmm.

Any ideas for a potential venue?As usual,somewhere in and around city centre is prolly the most easily accessible for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

The Library Bar or The Long Hall.
    Both are cosy and quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Saturday November 12th
    18AD wrote: »
    Both are cosy and quiet.

Who are you hoping to get cosy with? Otis? :pac:

Never been to The Library bar but would like to! Good excuse to go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Haha, see we're getting the traditional Anon voters again :D

Never been to either of those pubs. Not even sure I know where they are as well.

Larianne wrote: »
    Who are you hoping to get cosy with? Otis? :pac:

Or you :pac:

They're both on George's St. pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Saturday December 3rd
    i don't really know places in dublin tbh, but somewhere easily accessible would be my request. i force the mother to drive my vehicle to take me to and pick me up from things like this, so the easier it is for me to direct her to a place (her sense of direction not so good) and back again (spech when inebriated) is good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I also have a picture of Maguined's French Fancy (that he didnt bother showing up to claim I might add) on my phone that I will endeavor to get onto my laptop to show those that have never attended a tGC beers just how classy we are.
    :pac:

I was double booked! I never even got to go to my other event as I was so sick (doesn't matter it was self inflicted jaeger doom) I couldn't show up to it only to then have this taunted in my my face. :(

I bet I don't get a French Fancy out of this one either...
    18AD wrote: »
    Both are cosy and quiet.

Don't think the Library Bar would let us book, besides if we got a good turnout we would completely fill the place. The Long Hall is nice idea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Saturday November 12th
    Maguined wrote: »
    I bet I don't get a French Fancy out of this one either...

I brought one for you at the last beers (picture to prove it and all) but you decided not to show.

I'm a bit on the poor side at the mo, but I'll bring you a French Fancy to this beers if I attend.

• Advertisement

Don't think the Library Bar would let us book, besides if we got a good turnout we would completely fill the place. The Long Hall is nice idea though.

Cosy!

I was in the Library with a group of about thirty. We all fit in the side room nicely, but I can't remember the night.

I like those kind of places though. Where elese is there like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Gentleman's beers you say?!
    (Scampers off to room........)

Hair gel.....check....

Trim up the facial hair.....check......

Have to do something with these forests I call eyebrows...snip snip snip...and we are done...

Lob on a bit of the oul fake tan, tell them all I'm just back from some exotic place...I'll go with an island in the Mediterranean.........check....

Lob on something to make the oul man lips look more kissable...check...

Nice top to wear....it smells a bit though, Lob on the Lynx to counter that....check....

Bit of bling to the ears and a chain to tie the look together.......check........

Ok I'm just about set I think..

Fake_Tan_MegaDump_3-s600x450-111929-580.jpg

Yup, this player is fit for playin'!:pac::pac::pac:

Larianne wrote: »
    I brought one for you at the last beers (picture to prove it and all) but you decided not to show.

I'm a bit on the poor side at the mo, but I'll bring you a French Fancy to this beers if I attend.

I think since you are a poor student, he should be buying you a French Fancy :pac:

I'm never too fussed where we go, so anywhere is good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Saturday December 3rd
    Boo winter, yay beers.

I think since you are a poor student, he should be buying you a French Fancy :pac:

I'm never too fussed where we go, so anywhere is good for me.

But the entire point is receiving a french fancy from a fancy lady however I didn't realise Larianne was a poor student so now I would feel too guilty so my demand is rescinded.

What about MacTurcails? they have that funky big round snug area that can seat 20-30 in the one area that would be handy for mingling, I need to do more mingling at this beers, I tend to stick to the people I already know.

Saturday December 3rd
    But the entire point is receiving a french fancy from a fancy lady however I didn't realise Larianne was a poor student so now I would feel too guilty so my demand is rescinded.

What about MacTurcails? they have that funky big round snug area that can seat 20-30 in the one area that would be handy for mingling, I need to do more mingling at this beers, I tend to stick to the people I already know.

:eek::(:( you'd ignore me so :(

She's a student, she has loads of time*. She should bake something for everybody!

*This may not be true

Saturday December 3rd
    She's a student, she has loads of time*. She should bake something for everybody!

*This may not be true

she *whispers* 'buys them* :eek:

hdowney wrote: »
    :eek::(:( you'd ignore me so :(

Who are you?

*This may not be true

I was wondering how long it would be before the crusty waster student jokes began.

I salute you sir.

• Advertisement

Saturday December 3rd
    Who are you?

I was wondering how long it would be before the crusty waster student jokes began.

I salute you sir.

i am the most wonderful person in the world. i make food (training to be chef remember). i drink copious and don't get proper drunk. i function on crap all sleep. i am a cyborg :)

Advertisement