Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas-ish Beers - 26th November - MacTurcaills

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Last time I drank tequila was in Lafayette with Pembily,Bluewolf and one or two other folk whose names escape me.

Stupid decayed grey matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Lafayettes only problems were the loud music and the other people in the club (a bit too cool for school for my tastes, but sure once we are there the rest of the people don't matter too much).

So I'll stick to my usual story, we should go somewhere suited to chat first and then people have the option to go somewhere else after. The Long Stone/Doyles combo worked very well when we went there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Saturday December 3rd
    Last time I drank tequila was in Lafayette with Pembily,Bluewolf and one or two other folk whose names escape me.

I didn't even say hello to you at Lafayette. I think I was too busy fondling Tar. *purrs*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Old age :p Miss Lala was another!

Pembily wrote: »
    Old age :p Miss Lala was another!

Whats that you say Missy?

17624-Middle-Aged-Caucasian-Man-Holding-An-Ear-Horn-Or-Ear-Trumpet-To-His-Ear-To-Amplify-His-Hearing-Clipart-Illustration.jpg

Yes,it was a good night alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

Having only popped my boards beers cherry at the last gc one, and being quite newly spending time in Dublin, Ill defer to greater knowldege of the right pub, any of the weekends is ok, looking forward to seeing some of you again, and more for the first time at this one.

P.S, Otis, I'm around most weeknights and usually in the mood to check out some of the venues......for research purposes of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Might make an appearance at this beers too, last one was great craic! (Like john I popped my boards beers cherry at the last one too :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Ive got a better idea- why don't ye all come to Sligo for a weekend!? My floor can sleep an infinite number of bodies, we'll probably have most of the pubs to ourselves, and I'll keep the oven full of pizza and chicken wings :D

Or you could,you know,come to Dublin instead?

Pfffffttt,Sligo indeed!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Or you could,you know,come to Dublin instead?

Pfffffttt,Sligo indeed!

Grand so, have it your way!!
    :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭petebricquette

Any Date Is Good For Me
    McTurcaill's is a great pub. It's also well within walk/falling distance of my house. This'd be my first ever Boards beers if the date does work out! Be gentle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm all for going to the same pub as the last time,
    selfishly enough because I have a vague notion of where it is now!
    (Larianne..may need you to sat nav me again from wherever the beers is to the crossy over the bridge part of Dublin!:pac:)

McTurcaills is beside Pearse St Garda Station P and is a stones throw from Doyles where we were after The Duke at the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

(In thickest possible country voice)
    Aww yessss, shure I know it well!

(off to set reminder on phone, look up garda station in Dublin...!:o:pac:)

Its beside the Screen Cinema if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Saturday November 12th
    Maguined wrote: »
    If MacTurcaills give us that round alcove bit it would encourage mingling as people won't get trapped into corners and feel rude moving about. It's also nice and central for all, even close enough to the hostels that most of our country brethren stay in.

If you're going with MacTurcaills I wouldn't go with the alcove. It is

a) too confined and will be difficult to mingle

and

b) WAY too far away from the bar! ;)

Drink is cheap there though. €3.50 pints. I'd suggest any area near the bar, the section on the right as you go in the door at Tara Street. :)

Would MacTurcaills suit the split we normally try to get? (i.e somewhere quiet to begin with and then somewhere for the late night crowd). IIRC when I was last there on a Saturday, the music was fairly loud from 10 onwards.

Nice place and I'd have no problem going there. Just thinking of the others!

It attracts a large amount of beautiful women, so it does have that going for it too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Saturday December 3rd
    Would MacTurcaills suit the split we normally try to get? (i.e somewhere quiet to begin with and then somewhere for the late night crowd). IIRC when I was last there on a Saturday, the music was fairly loud from 10 onwards.

It attracts a large amount of beautiful women, so it does have that going for it too :pac:

have we set on a date yet? i am hoping that this will finally be the beers i will get to. every time i try to go to one something comes up

Its been a while since Ive been in it on a Saturday night however myself and Im sure a few other volunteers will take one for the team and investigate it before hand.

Re when,it was split between the 19th and 26th so Im going to call the 26th.

Reason being its month end and most folk will have gotten paid around then.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Saturday December 3rd
    26th of November you say. I'm there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Larianne wrote: »
    If you're going with MacTurcaills I wouldn't go with the alcove. It is

a) too confined and will be difficult to mingle

and

b) WAY too far away from the bar! ;)

Drink is cheap there though. €3.50 pints. I'd suggest any area near the bar, the section on the right as you go in the door at Tara Street. :)

But it's a circle of mingling opportunities rather than pokey corners of seclusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Beers! Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I hope to make this but am quite busy for the next while, so can not confirm anything yet :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

still got the aul boards beer cherry to pop so this might be the night... :D
    If I'm around that is.. :(

Hermione* wrote: »
    I hope to make this but am quite busy for the next while, so can not confirm anything yet :)

You will be there lady.

/narrows eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Nua

Like ToxicPaddy, I was going to brave this Beers but I'll be on my holiers on the 26th . . . hopefully Chrimbo Beers instead? I'll up my posting between now & then so I won't be the sad lurker!

Hermione* wrote: »

I think your finger slipped and you meant to type "Yes I'm going, 100% sure". :pac:

Yes I know I didn't go to the last beers. And yes that kettle is black....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Saturday December 3rd
    yeah should be there

will i be able to hear anything? ;s

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Just turn the volume on yer ear piece up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

You will be there lady.

/narrows eyes
    I am already going out on the 24th and the 25th. And the work Christmas party is the weekend after. And various other evints and shindigs and dinners must be attended. I'll see what I can do! :pac:

Advertisement