Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing wireless mouse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭justforgroups

Hi,
    Bought a microsoft wireless 700 keyboard + mouse some time ago. I think mouse is on the way out - a single click turns into a double-click sometimes - it's extremely annoying! Cleaned it, batteries changed and control panel mouse settings altered but it still happens now and then.

I was wondering if another microsoft mouse would work with the existing keyboard/mouse wireless receiver? e.g. http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9295579/Trail/searchtext%3EWIRELSS+MOUSE.htm

Thks.
    JFG

The answer is No in case anyone wants to know :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 westcoast1

Yes as you've found out the receiver would only work with the keyboard and mouse supplied with it as they would be set to the same frequency :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 davecp

Hi Guys

Can anyone recommend a really good wireless mouse? The one I have now was bought about 2 years ago in maplins for €35 but now is very un responsive and really doing my head in. I use adobe Photoshop alot and need something very good.

Any recommendations

Many thanks

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I'd get one of those ones that has a charger for the mouse or else you will spend you're life replacing batteries.. And believe me, any convenience of the mouse/keyboard being wireless is usually outweighed by the annoyance of battery / connection issues... Unless it's a real big deal for you, I always prefer just using USB (i.e. wired) mouse/keyboard..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

davecp wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Can anyone recommend a really good wireless mouse? The one I have now was bought about 2 years ago in maplins for €35 but now is very un responsive and really doing my head in. I use adobe Photoshop alot and need something very good.

Any recommendations

Many thanks

Dave

If you want precision with a mouse I can only reccomend wired, had wireless in the past and used to do my head in, bluetooth wireless ones are better, and priced appropriately so ;) :P

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

yoyo wrote: »
    If you want precision with a mouse I can only reccomend wired, had wireless in the past and used to do my head in, bluetooth wireless ones are better, and priced appropriately so ;) :P

Nick
    There must be a good wireless one out there? Can a wired one be got with a 2 or 3 metre long cable?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

There must be a good wireless one out there? Can a wired one be got with a 2 or 3 metre long cable?

Bluetooth ones if wireless needed

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭justforgroups

westcoast1 wrote: »
    Yes as you've found out the receiver would only work with the keyboard and mouse supplied with it as they would be set to the same frequency :D
    Hiya. I got a wireless keyboard + mouse. The wireless mouse is kaput so was going to buy another one from argos (929/5562). However the keyboard is ok. But from what you're saying, will I have to buy a new keyboard too because the receiver I will get with the mouse will not work with the keyboard?

Advertisement