Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the new member of our family

• 11-10-2011 10:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭

For some months now i have been after a bull terrier and he finally arrived on saturday. I red countless books on them, about their wild behavior, clownish antics and just general up to no good. So i thought i was ready for what a bull terrier to bring to this house. Well from the first few seconds after seeing the dog I could tell that the books hadnt a patch on these dogs nor can they make you anticipate whats their behavior like. To cut things short hes complete mad, hes so funny to just watch. only downside is he loves chewing trousers, fingers and shoes but im getting that under control as we speak. When i got bruno (yes thats the name i decided and not after the bruno movie :icon_biggrin:) he was 8 weeks old the day i collected him (8/10/11) i weighed him on the 9th and he weighed 6kg, weighed him today 11/10/11 and he now weighs 7kg. anyway enough with me going on here are the pics

bruno4.jpg
    bruno2.jpg
    bruno3.jpg
    bruno1.jpg

i will be updating this thread every 2 weeks or so to show his progress.
    I am over the moon with him :icon_grin:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 marijame

I love him! congratulations, yes please, keep updating, dying to hear more about Bruno and keep the photos coming :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Oh wow hes fab!! Best of luck with him. I love Bullies, they are great characters, but you will be kept on your toes with him no doubt!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

marijame wrote: »
    I love him! congratulations, yes please, keep updating, dying to hear more about Bruno and keep the photos coming :-)

i will dont you worry :D

andreac wrote: »
    Oh wow hes fab!! Best of luck with him. I love Bullies, they are great characters, but you will be kept on your toes with him no doubt!!

awh stop im ran off my feet with him already

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭aisher

What a face - he is gorgeous!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Beautiful dog Chris, enjoy him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Boy is he beautiful, he's going to be a handsome dog when he gets older too. Fair play tonya for doing all your research, I did as well before i got my fella(boxer) but nothing, like you said , prepares you for the real thing.

Best of luck with him, I'm looking forward to watching him grow through the thread. Enjoy the puppyness it doesn't last nearly as long as you you want it to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

:D

Congrats and enjoy

He has trouble written all over his face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

He is just adooooooorable, but I agree, he has troublemaker written all over him ;)

I'll also echo the "enjoy the puppyness" sentiment. It's hard work but worth it, and over before you know it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

He has that little glint in his eye in the 2nd and 3rd photos!! You will be looking back on those pics and thinking....if only I knew!!

Well done and enjoy. Bruno is a fab name and suits him!

I saw a bull terrier only the other day and just thought how few you see around. They are lovely dogs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I'm in love.
    Mind me asking where you got him?
    There was a thread on here really recently about things your dog/pup has chewed, you should have a read of it to really prepare yourself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭VenusPlays

Super cute!!! He really does have that look of mischief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭cjf

Oh wow congrats!! Face like butter wouldn't melt!!!! He is a stunner!! Defo on my wish list!!!! Il win that lotto yet!! I wouldn't say I have a tendency towards one breed over another but I defo have a thing for doggie 'faces' and the bull terriers have such a great face!! Best of luck with him dying to see the pics as he grows up!! So great you can enjoy him as a pup and watch him grow! I have few puppy pics of my dobie always wish I'd got to meet him then he was so chubby and tiny!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

He is gorgeous! Without wanting to seem like an internet weirdo, I kinda wish I could visit and give him hugs, he's such a fine dog. He also looks Smart so yeah, good luck with that.
    I love smart dogs when they pick up on what you're training them, but their habit of musing "yes, your idea is interesting but I think it needs further research so I'm going to be over here doing my thing, thanks! Also, bring treats. Cheers!"

Looking forward to hearing more about Bruno as the months pass. Congrats on the new arrival!

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    I'm in love.
    Mind me asking where you got him?
    There was a thread on here really recently about things your dog/pup has chewed, you should have a read of it to really prepare yourself!!
    i got him in wateford. i red that thread some really funny pics in it and no doubt i'll be adding some to that in time :D
    LucyBliss wrote: »
    He is gorgeous! Without wanting to seem like an internet weirdo, I kinda wish I could visit and give him hugs, he's such a fine dog. He also looks Smart so yeah, good luck with that.
    I love smart dogs when they pick up on what you're training them, but their habit of musing "yes, your idea is interesting but I think it needs further research so I'm going to be over here doing my thing, thanks! Also, bring treats. Cheers!"

Looking forward to hearing more about Bruno as the months pass. Congrats on the new arrival!

awh hes so smart, his intelligence is growing daily, so far since saturday afternoon he knows how to open the fridge, open doors, close his crate door, going outside to do his business except for the peeing.

achievement for today is that he got use to walking on his lead in the back garden,yesterday he just refused to move.

just thought id add a few new pics today of bruno, he is now 9 weeks and 1 day, not sure about weight havent weighed him since last week.

play
    photo5.jpg
    please play
    photo6.jpg
    oh no i shouldn't have asked to play
    photo4.jpg
    that all you got
    photo3.jpg
    going to sleep after my play
    photo.jpg
    stop taking pictures and let me sleep you a**
    photo2.jpg

any way brought him to the vet to get a check over before his 10 week vaccination next week and he said he was a perfect example of a bull terrier and with top health. Delighted wasn't the word when he gave me the good news

Advertisement