Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPC World Championships 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

The lad is a f*cking monster.. unreal the numbers he's lifting as a junior, 300kg bench :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

COH wrote: »
    The lad is a f*cking monster.. unreal the numbers he's lifting as a junior, 300kg bench :eek:

+ isnt it...

fecking one of the lads in UL did 275 off a single board there last week @105..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Good luck to anyone competing over the next few days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Looks like a great set up down there. That mono-lift is world class.

squod wrote: »
    Looks like a great set up down there. That mono-lift is world class.

You down in limerick?

find a way to contact a brother...there is a **** load of us around...I just about to head out the door to the venue now then onto UL

• Advertisement

You down in limerick?

find a way to contact a brother...there is a **** load of us around...I just about to head out the door to the venue now then onto UL

No sorry. just lookin' at the facebook pics from one of the lads there.

Thanks for sharing gymfreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Nice work! why was the last squat turned down?

Good luck to everyone else lifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Dead Ed wrote: »
    why was the last squat turned down?

Spotter touched the bar making it look like a double movement which isn't allowed.

Gymfreak hit any comp PRs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Gymfreak hit any comp PRs?

Nope no PRs unfortunately :( I gave the 120kg deadlift a go but couldn't lock it out!! And the squat failed on a technicality...but I gave it a good go!!!

Fantastic day, great set up and great support!! :)

I'm looking forward to being the spectator tomorrow and watching the lads hit some big numbers!!!

gymfreak wrote: »
    Nope no PRs unfortunately :( I gave the 120kg deadlift a go but couldn't lock it out!! And the squat failed on a technicality...but I gave it a good go!!!

Fantastic day, great set up and great support!! :)

I'm looking forward to being the spectator tomorrow and watching the lads hit some big numbers!!!

Nice work!

When COH is deadlifting tomorrow, hold a slice of chocolate cake over his head and watch that bar fly up!

man there are some big mo fo's walking around the venue... equippeds are going to be unreal

nero did 350/215/345 at this today...and a 4th deadlift of 355 for the laugh... he's going to total 1000 raw soon..

Holy jaysus.

Thsi nutcase smashed records left right and centre today...and his 14 year old brother did the same yesterday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

nero did 350/215/345 at this today...and a 4th deadlift of 355 for the laugh... he's going to total 1000 raw soon..

Anyone got an entry list? Is he on it equipped too??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Hanley wrote: »

The oldest of the brothers that didnt compete yesterday or today told me he'd be entering the equipped section on Friday.

One STRONG family!! Pure savage to watch

gymfreak wrote: »
    The oldest of the brothers that didnt compete yesterday or today told me he'd be entering the equipped section on Friday.

One STRONG family!! Pure savage to watch

What's that got to do with Nero? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Thsi nutcase smashed records left right and centre today...and his 14 year old brother did the same yesterday

He has the same hand position as me in the squat. First time I've seen it! I'm not alone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭gavtron

how much are tickets for this? Might head along on saturday if I'm down the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

The entry is free

jaysus do...im going to pop in saturday too see some big squats

Doesn't look like it.

http://www.gpcpowerlifting.com/list%20if%20lifters%20for%20web%20gpc%202011.xls

jaysus do...im going to pop in saturday too see some big squats

Wanna pop by Dublin on the way to Kilmurry........I've caffeine

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭gavtron

awesome, i'll be in to see the big boys on saturday so!

Da Za wrote: »
    Wanna pop by Dublin on the way to Kilmurry........I've caffeine

na...post it down.. :P

Been very few videos of this event so far. This lad gets excited.

squod wrote: »

Been very few videos of this event so far. This lad gets excited.

Great numbers, but a f*cking disgrace that lift was passed.

I saw friends get screwed at the weekend for infractions far more minor than that, they moved the goal posts from Sunday to Monday re: legal equipment and even during the day there seems to be a VERY loose interpretation of what the rules of performance were from lifter to lifter.

I don't care how loose judging is (that's a lie, I do), but for god's sake make it consistent.

Disgraceful.

• Advertisement

Great numbers, but a f*cking disgrace that lift was passed.

I saw friends get screwed at the weekend for infractions far more minor than that, they moved the goal posts from Sunday to Monday re: legal equipment and even during the day there seems to be a VERY loose interpretation of what the rules of performance were from lifter to lifter.

I don't care how loose judging is (that's a lie, I do), but for god's sake make it consistent.

Disgraceful.
    Uploaded by powerm500 on Nov 16, 2011
    work after two almost succeeded but unrecognized attempts at 340 in the third lifted the weight that he passed the title of World Champion. But the fatigue and pressure so your Savic and ended the competition with at least 25 pounds below its optimal results

From his point of view. Watched a training vid of his in the same gear pressing 350. Different (less tall) bench from what he's used to? I guess the fella woulda felt odd about the whole competition if every lift had failed.

Some bench.

Advertisement