Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post....Letterkenny to Mallow

Options
  • 11-10-2011 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hi lads and Ladies,

I received a letter from Letterkenny this morning which was to contain a plastic card about the same size as a safe pass card or the like, I had sent it to him last Monday, he posted the card Friday to return it to me exactly like I sent it up with with a piece cardboard inside to prevent damage to the card

The letter came in this morning draped in stickers so I knew instantly something was up, A big "Sealed by An Post" sticker covered one side and predictably all that was left was the pityfull piece of cardboard minus the plastic card, I thought the letter must have been half shagged and the seam split and it fell out.

I took a closer look and I saw that the letter seam was wonderfully intact and the letter managed to open almost knife edge straight about 1.5 mm from the seam, now conspiracy theories aside the letter was opened somewhere from Letterkenny to Mallow, how in the name of Christ can this be let happen by An Post?

I know the card went into somebody's back pocket, where is beyond me and that i will never get it back but who the Christ am I going call in An Post and give a bollicing to over this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a moment.

That split could have been caused by machinery used to process letters automatically. The plastic card could have caused a little ridge, which the machinery then ran over and tore. It's always a good idea to put two sheets of cardboard or some kind of sleeve over little things like that.

Once the envelope was torn, the card would have fallen out and they wouldn't know which envelope it came from.

Is there a series of little vertical lines all along the back of the envelope, or any other sign that it went through machinery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

as didara says, an initial nick by the card inside and the machinery used by an post could very easily have damaged it and the card fallen out at some stage in the conveyor belt.

if someone was nicking the card, they would have destroyed the envelope.

a bog satndard envelope is not really suitable for sending loose plastic cards - eith attach the card to cardboard or send in jiffy bag.

Advertisement