Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Wireless

• 11-10-2011 11:56pm

Hi there,
    I'm not exactly a n00b when it comes to IT but this one has me confused.
    We have the UPC wireless router. 3 laptops in the apartment but mine is the only one that can't connect. I know my network card is fine as I can connect to other connections in the family. Can also connect to this one by cable but its just a pain.
    Any ideas what settings I may need to change? I have tried to match up all with the settings from one of the working laptops.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,450 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You don't say which specific wireless router it is, but try switching the router to a specific channel, and not just auto. Some cards don't play nice with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

None of my devices can connect unless the channel is set to 6. I use the Cisco router, if you're on 25 Mbps or less it's likely that you have the same model.

Open the link below from one of the connected devices, leave the userid and password fields blank and click the 'login' button, then scroll down to the last section called 'Wireless' and click the first option 'Basic'. On the next screen change 'New Channel' to 6, click the 'Apply' button and then try it.

People connected using wireless will probably have to reconnect so warn them in case anyone is doing a big download.

http://192.168.1.1/

Advertisement