Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letshost.ie down - website offline?

Options
  • 12-10-2011 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone else here is hosting their websites with LetsHost.ie (and if they're offline)? I was checking my websites this morning and all of the ones I have hosted with them are not working (a big concern considering we're in the middle of a campaign to get new users to our Domain - which they will now discover is not working!)

When I went to check the letshost website, this is the messege on the screen:

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
    Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.6 Server at letshost.ie Port 80

Anybody got a clue what might be going on? Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

All the sites I have with lesthost are ok?

You have to check your "cpanel" in there you will find you capacity limits. YOu may have to increase that.

PM me if you need a dig out.

actialy I tried to see if your cpanel can be accessed (using the same type of link I have to use) and I cant get at that either - I'd say its a phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Iron Enthusiast

Thanks for that.

Very interesting that your websites are all up and all the ones I have with them are down?

I've tried calling but either their phone is off the hook or engaged! I also dropped them a tweet and email so hopefully there'll be an update very soon.

I reached memory capacity with one of the sites a couple of months back but had it increased so I don't think that's the issue. The LetsHost.ie website seems to be functioning again which is a step in the right direction.

Just a bit frustrating as I can't get started on the work I had planned and website visitors are meeting a dead domain at the moment.

A bit communication would be great!

Just saw an update here on the LetsHost issue:

Current Issues
    12/10/2011
    We are seeing a small section of our network affected by a failed disk in a SAN array. The data on this storage array is protected however while this rebuild occurs, data throughput will be reduced and as a result, websites may be slow to load. We will try and normalize this situation to allow service but to allow the RAID array repair. We will update at 9.45am with an update and overview of situation.
    12/10/2011

At least that throws some light on the problem. I'm hoping that this is just a glitch and wont affect the fabric / content of my sites though..

Anybody know what a 'failed disk in a SAN array' means?

Essentially its a disk error and needs to rebuild and re-write data.

Not for nothing - I see a notice on the site that they estimate 20 hours to complete:

"From experience and the amount of data involved we know this will take approx another 20 hours to complete"

I wonder is there anything you/they can do to even redirect to a one page to inform the punters getting to your site that its a server error and you'll be back asap?

• Advertisement

agh! That means the guts of a days productivity lost due to the sites being offline!

*LetHost. if you read this please take account of the fact your customers don't know whats going on unless you tell them - you have to be pre-emptive and proactive in your communications. Well done having an update page it's a great resource, but you have to take advantage of the many free and fast communication tools at your disposal (Twitter, Facebook, email etc..) to tell your customers how to reach it and whats going on.

I don't envy them trying to fix the fault in there and this is the first crash since I started using them - hopefully it's the last as well!

I think it's time for a coffee.

Blue - are your sites still working? Could you PM me a link to a couple if you don't mind?:)

Advertisement