Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time paying tax??

Options
  • 12-10-2011 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Sorry this is probably very simple but I cant seem to figure out how to go about this.

First off, I'm trying to register on ROS but when I m asked to request a RAN I dont know what to input.
    I'm assuming its income Tax but what is my Regn. No./ Id No. or where do I get it?

Secondly, in regards to offsetting the mortgage insterest paid, I only started renting in March so do I calculate the mortgage insterst rate from then or do I go back as far as Oct last year?

Thanks lads, sorry for the silly questions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Better off asking in the taxation forum but if you only rented in march this year then you don't have to file a return till Oct 2012. Tax for 2010 is due by Oct 31 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

lynchie wrote: »
    Better off asking in the taxation forum but if you only rented in march this year then you don't have to file a return till Oct 2012. Tax for 2010 is due by Oct 31 2011

:o Was talikng to a guy here and he filled me in on that ha ha thanks.
    Get to put it off for another year whoop!!!

Advertisement