Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Famous mayor

Options
  • 12-10-2011 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭

What was the name of the famous mayor from Ballybricken - was it 'The Bully Power'?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

What was the name of the famous mayor from Ballybricken - was it 'The Bully Power'?

James Power was known as The Bully Man. Certainly not PC in this day and age but that was back when nobody gave a flying fck about PC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

That's the man! Thanks! When was he mayor?

That's the man! Thanks! When was he mayor?

In 1960 I believe. He was a distant relation to me and I remember sitting on his knee in Nanny Power's house in Ballybricken in 1963. He was a distant cousin to my grandfather, Paul Caulfield, who was mayor in 1942, whose nickname according to my dad was The Old Bstard!!! they were all a bunch of rough and tumble pig buyers in the old days.

There are old pictures of all them oldies on the wall in Alfies in Ballybricken as soon as you walk in on yer right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Wow, thanks!

By the way, does anyone remember the Thornton legal family there, and are there any still in Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭FlexBrowne

chelloveks wrote: »
    In 1960 I believe. He was a distant relation to me and I remember sitting on his knee in Nanny Power's house in Ballybricken in 1963. He was a distant cousin to my grandfather, Paul Caulfield, who was mayor in 1942, whose nickname according to my dad was The Old Bstard!!! they were all a bunch of rough and tumble pig buyers in the old days.

There are old pictures of all them oldies on the wall in Alfies in Ballybricken as soon as you walk in on yer right.

Hi. We're distant cousins too so. Must check out those pics in Alfies!

• Advertisement

I'll be in waterford from Sept 7-11 to have a few good guinness's. usually go to the Clayboy most nights. Just ask for the Caulfield fella

Advertisement