Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Remington 597 .22lr

• 12-10-2011 10:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/dscf2659y.jpg/
    sellimy my rem 597 in .22 gun is 2 years old and has fired around 2000 shots comes with Walther 3-9x40 scope illum red/green crosshairs.
    this gun is one of those with ejecting issues,sometimes the fired shell will not eject and the next round will jam,mag has to be removed and bolt pulled back to empty.most of the time it's fine though.
    perfect little gun for rabbits or a bit of target work.
    price 300 euro.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

daveob007 wrote: »
    sellimy my rem 597 in .22 gun is 2 years old and has fired around 2000 shots comes with Walther 3-9x40 scope illum red/green crosshairs.
    this gun is one of those with ejecting issues,sometimes the fired shell will not eject and the next round will jam,mag has to be removed and bolt pulled back to empty.most of the time it's fine though.
    price 300 euro.
    decent offers accepted,saving for pistol.

still for sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

you have a pm

rifle still available,250 with scope or 200 without,less than 2 years old and 2000 rounds fired,,perfect condition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Is that still for sale? how many mags?

• Advertisement

Merch wrote: »
    Is that still for sale? how many mags?
    still here only have 1 mag and the jamming can be sorted by getting a newer type mag.bought from duffys in galway jan 10

did you use a variety of ammunition? what does it prefer? and do you have any idea how much mags are?

it seems to work best with cci velocitor or most high power rounds,,i think new mag costs aroung 20 or so,
    only issue with cci is that they are pretty dirty and gun needs a good cleaning more often than with other rounds.

few q's
    did you use subs in it? and do you have any other pictures? any of the mag? and the mag release? is it rotary like the 10/22?
    are you aware if the problem is merely associated with the mag?
    or if it there are extras available to upgrade? like the ruger?

Merch wrote: »
    few q's
    did you use subs in it? and do you have any other pictures? any of the mag? and the mag release? is it rotary like the 10/22?
    are you aware if the problem is merely associated with the mag?
    or if it there are extras available to upgrade? like the ruger?
    the mag is a standard one that just stacks the rounds on top of each other will post pics tomorrow,,you can get 50 round mag but that makes it restriced and i think you can get different stocks also look at remington.com for other info,,never tried subs either,there are other posts here going back a while which refer to the mags,also you will find reviews if you google the model.

• Advertisement

still for sale,,a few enquiries but no takers yet.good gun for handy money..

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GunNut2011

well dave hows things! I just want to know what is the best price u will take for it! I am very interested as i am looking for my first gun and not lookin to pay too much for it! Thanks alot :)

250 with scope or 200 without,,,

new year sale,,will let gun and scope go for 200,no trades please cash only..

new year sale,,will let gun and scope go for 200,no trades please cash only..
    bump

bump

bump

still here for 200,,had some interested parties from guntrader but still waiting,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Surprised this is still here. Have a mate lookin for a 22, ill send him a link

• Advertisement

Surprised this is still here. Have a mate lookin for a 22, ill send him a link
    reccesion is the word for it and there are loads of cheap 22s out there anyway cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LOUTHSHOOTER

price 300 euro.
    Is this still for sale

still for sale,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Tawny Owl

still here only have 1 mag and the jamming can be sorted by getting a newer type mag.bought from duffys in galway jan 10

If the Mag is the plastic one it will keep jammimng as said the new Aluminium mag second generation will sort it out should be fine then.
    it seems to work best with cci velocitor or most high power rounds,,i think new mag costs aroung 20 or so,
    only issue with cci is that they are pretty dirty and gun needs a good cleaning more often than with other rounds.

The cci velocitor or high powered rounds are best it suits the rifle but as said strip the gun after each outing this will help also it has two bars on the bolt dont over tighten these it will help and you will not get jamming as too the mag they are about € 35.00 if they have to be imported as a Gun shop may not have them in stock they are a very good gun if you clean and take the tips on board the best of luck with the sale a very good first .22 for anyone starting out.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mike91

pm sent

SOLD pending cert thanks

Advertisement