Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage heater problem

Options
  • 12-10-2011 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi

I have an issue with my current Dimplex Storage Heater ( Model No.:XMC7 18N) . It is a dual storage heater (has a convection element in heater which you can turn on during the day).

The problem is the storage heater wont store heat overnight. I thought it may be the wall socket as the LED had stopped working on the socket. I changed it for a new socket and the LED worked when the night saver electricity comes on but still no heat. I have opened up the heater to have a look.

I have read up on it on the internet and people say reset the thermostat, I can’t seem to see how to reset the thermostat, see picture below.

b0808b2e.jpg

If anyone has an idea how to fix it would be great, or any other ideas!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

If memory serves there's a little button in there for resetting the overheat

normally if off-peak supply appears to be nomal
    i'd check cold heater for expected reading
    with isolating switch off

that will tell you if some elements are gone
    and if the overheat has popped

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

make sure power is off

it looks like the overheat has tripped
    get a pencil and press down the little bar that is raised up(to the right of the red block)
    there should be a little click to indicate resetting
    remember power off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 CompNewb

Done :) thanks lads. Hope it works now tonight!

Advertisement