Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a free mannequin?

Options
  • 12-10-2011 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭

Hello!
    Do anyone know what happens with broken mannequins in the shops? Where do they recycle them or is there any way to get my hands onto one? It does not really even need to be a full piece. It would work well for me if it would just be head and torso of it. Need one for a little craft project.
    Any ideas welcome!
    if u know anyone who has closed down shop recently and needs to get rid of one of these, contact me:)
    tnx!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Try asking in the modern or one of those clothes shops along Oliver Plunkett street. They might have some damaged ones that they no longer use...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

Milly33 wrote: »
    Try asking in the modern or one of those clothes shops along Oliver Plunkett street. They might have some damaged ones that they no longer use...

Tried in few so far, will do more in coming days. They are usually looking to sell them...
    Also there might be some art students or someone who just have one they would be willing to share few times per month?
    As i said any recommendations welcome.
    Tnx Milly33

There's a fair few dummies knocking about in here :pac:

RoverJames wrote: »
    There's a fair few dummies knocking about in here :pac:

lol? aint gna help:P i actually need the one who doesn't need to be fed or anything.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Weird I know but they do at times turn up on adverts.ie or donedeal.ie , you can buy them in pendrix displays, but I understand they are very expensive

• Advertisement

horgan_p wrote: »
    Weird I know but they do at times turn up on adverts.ie or donedeal.ie , you can buy them in pendrix displays, but I understand they are very expensive

Yea, their prices start from like 80 eur or so usually, for a lil craft project that i need it for it is just too much.
    I will probably try some more shops and if it dont work will try and find someone who wants to have a joint ownership of mannequin lol...maybe some arts and crafts student...

Advertisement