Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware when shopping, Blanchardstown

Options
  • 12-10-2011 11:43am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a heads up really, my gran's handbag was stolen from her trolley while she shopped in Superquinn Blanchardstown yesterday.

We're not sure if the guy was an opportunist (she took her hand off it for no more than a minute to turn back and take something from the shelf - she hadn't even removed her hand from the actual trolley handle) or whether he was watching for a chance to take something from someone but he headed off to a waiting van outside with some other lads in it.

Just a warning to be careful really, it would have been a quiet day in the supermarket and no real reason to be "on guard" as much as when the place is busy.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to place this, I haven't posted in a while :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

miamee wrote: »
    Just a heads up really, my gran's handbag was stolen from her trolley while she shopped in Superquinn Blanchardstown yesterday.

We're not sure if the guy was an opportunist (she took her hand off it for no more than a minute to turn back and take something from the shelf - she hadn't even removed her hand from the actual trolley handle) or whether he was watching for a chance to take something from someone but he headed off to a waiting van outside with some other lads in it.

Just a warning to be careful really, it would have been a quiet day in the supermarket and no real reason to be "on guard" as much as when the place is busy.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to place this, I haven't posted in a while :)

It's the right place to post it, thanks for the heads up.

Any success with cameras etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭canihave

Thats terrible, git!! Jesus we will soon have to tie ourselves down. Its getting worse. Hope your gran is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

Your poor gran! There was another instance of this in lidl in trim, the poor lady was getting into her car. Some people would do anything for a quick buck (including robbing little old ladies!)> Disgusting!:mad:

Advertisement