Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop screens.

• 12-10-2011 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Ok this is gonna sound like a weird request but here it goes.

I've got two old laptops that have served there time and now I want to reuse them in some way. Is it possible to remove the screen from a laptop and hook it directly to another source like a DVD player.

I want to make an installation for college and have the screens flush mounted and wired to a dvd or something to have a film on constant play.

The laptops themselves are banjaxxed one of them has a failed HDD and the other has an issue with overheating that I couldn't get fixed when I brought it to a technician.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Nope.

Take the HDD out of the overheating one and put into the one with the failed drive and use it that way. You could use the laptop to drive the DVD player. You'd have to do something more interesting with it tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

Thanks! it looks like I'll have to do that alright. It would be nice to run something off of a DVD player and have something sleek that requires minimal input but I guess I'll have to work it with the laptop. Worth a shot anyway.

Advertisement