Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

programming for kids, hackerspace

Options
  • 12-10-2011 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hey, a few weeks ago I heard of a guy who set up a bunch of hackerspaces around Ireland for teaching children how to programme after school. I can't remember the name though, has anybody heard of him?

The name of the spaces begins with a style of martial arts, like "shaolin coders" or something like that.

Long shot, but throw it out there anyha :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

might be coderdojo ???

http://coderdojo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Hey, a few weeks ago I heard of a guy who set up a bunch of hackerspaces around Ireland for teaching children how to programme after school. I can't remember the name though, has anybody heard of him?

The name of the spaces begins with a style of martial arts, like "shaolin coders" or something like that.

Long shot, but throw it out there anyha :)

Looking to take advantage of kids now as well? :rolleyes:
    There are lots of Brazilian dev around Dublin learning English who are looking for something to do as they can't legally work. I have two guys like that and they are great. Often they will work on a project for free because they don't want to be doing nothing.

Advertisement