Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it ever going to stop raining in Sligo

Options
  • 12-10-2011 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Just feel like complaining about the rain pretty much non stop now in Sligo town for the last week. Miserable misty rain hate it. Would prefer if it was snowing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

I'm sure it will stop for a half day..and start again!!
    I wouldn't share your views about the snow I hope I don't see a bit of it this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Just feel like complaining about the rain pretty much non stop now in Sligo town for the last week. Miserable misty rain hate it. Would prefer if it was snowing

If it's any consolation, I have covered about 1300KM in the last week and it's pretty much raining all over the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

It's so depressing, dark and miserable. Oh well at least its not cold! Have you seen the height of the river in town Never seen it that full. Also seen 4 people in wetsuits with kayaks standing at the bridge today wonder if they were really going to kayak it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    It's so depressing, dark and miserable. Oh well at least its not cold! Have you seen the height of the river in town Never seen it that full. Also seen 4 people in wetsuits with kayaks standing at the bridge today wonder if they were really going to kayak it.
    There was three of them in on Tuesday. Looked like great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

It's not raining this morning.....yet.:)

• Advertisement

I like kayaking I've been a few times but the river looks very scary I'm sorry I didn't hang around to see if they went in now.

No rain this morning WooHoo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Prefer the rain to the snow tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Shattered Dreamer

I wouldn't wish too hard for snow because we're apparently due a winter as bad if that worse than last year & as bad & all as the rain is, ice makes getting around a major pain!

Beautiful day/evening in Sligo :) no more complaining from me.

I lived in Oslo for a few years so I am well used to a lot worse cold, snow and ice. Although they do grit and salt every street there every night which helps. No footpath salting in Sligo

Advertisement