Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi drivers pushing taxis on O'Connel Street

Options
  • 12-10-2011 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

Just on the bus on the way to the airport and I seen most of the taxi drivers on OC street pushing their cars........

Anyone know why? Is it as simple as saving fuel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Was it the fellas on the rank? If it was then I'd say it is just to save fuel

Yep I just asked my taxi driver Dad and he says it's to save petrol, apparently if you were to start and stop your car every time you moved up the rank you'd eat up a lot of fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Peadar_85

Yea they're always at it. Looks pretty stupid but saves them a few quid I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Goldfingers

Its just to save juice & not giving them the bother of opening the door of their love machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Thanks for that guys, I knew it had to be a simple answer.

Just wondering how long it will last, health and saftey people could say that they are not fully in control of the vehicle.......it is a busy street.....

Have a look at the siochana in Pearse Street - they do the same - they've no parking spaces - dangerous.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

it just shows that there are too many taxi's out there in Dublin city.

pushing your car up the road all day, they will spend the money they are trying to save on food to keep their strength up with that carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Also saves on the life of your battery and starter motor, it's the Taxi mans workout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Have a look at the siochana in Pearse Street - they do the same - they've no parking spaces - dangerous.:eek:

Seen 3 little skangers pull one back then lashed it up the back of another one then they legged it up Pearse st.
    I thought the Boys were just being Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I regularly see other taxi drivers at ranks sitting inside stationary cars with the engine running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

took this picture on my way home. it seems o.p is right, they are all doing it.

Taximanfinal101.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

they have been at this for the last couple of years:)

zenno wrote: »
    took this picture on my way home. it seems o.p is right, they are all doing it.

Taximan-2.jpg

Ha ha Brilliant !! :D

Advertisement