Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting accessible Apartment in Dublin

Options
  • 12-10-2011 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

Im am looking to rent a wheelchair accessible apartment in Dublin. Has anyone here done it?? From what I can gather finding an apartment with a wet room is the biggest problem and almost impossible. I can work around that if the bathroom is big enough and has a reasonably big shower area.

So if anyone here has done it and has any advice or suggestions on apartment buildings/area's etc that might be suitable it would be greatly apprectiated. Or if by some miracle someone is renting an apartment that fits the bill plases let me know.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 plon

Hi
    Whatever you do make sure its ground floor
    I had nothing but grief with lifts even in new developmentsand have been both unable to get out or in on various occasions
    An esb outage for example causes the lift to often remain out of service even when it comes back on again
    Good luck anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 31 plon

By the way check out the bathmaster if the shower situation doesn't work out
    I used one for years no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Koconnor55 wrote: »
    Hi,

Im am looking to rent a wheelchair accessible apartment in Dublin. Has anyone here done it?? From what I can gather finding an apartment with a wet room is the biggest problem and almost impossible. I can work around that if the bathroom is big enough and has a reasonably big shower area.

So if anyone here has done it and has any advice or suggestions on apartment buildings/area's etc that might be suitable it would be greatly apprectiated. Or if by some miracle someone is renting an apartment that fits the bill plases let me know.

Cheers

You'll be lucky........................I doubt if there are any such properties out there? I did find a bungalow that is for sale close to where I currently live/work, which has a wet room, but it also has 4 bloody bedrooms which is waaaaaaaaaay too big for one person.

Advertisement