Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perth classified as regional as of 12st Sept - (PR VISA)

Options
  • 12-10-2011 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭

Is Perth Classed As Regional Yet?
    Im currently in Perth, have been hearing stories its gonna be classed as Regional, heard today it was passed last week.
    These just rumours or is there some truth in it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

No .. closing thread pure pub talk there
    (source: http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/postcodes.htm)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

Hi,

The other related thread is locked but I think the OP was looking for this information about the status of Perth as a Regional area:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm#12sept

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

lima wrote: »
    Hi,

The other related thread is locked but I think the OP was looking for this information about the status of Perth as a Regional area:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm#12sept

No , I thought it was pure "Pub Talk" LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Perth is classed as regional for Perment Residency only, think some people get confused and think this applies to specified work for a 2nd WHV.

Not the same thing.

That's why it's called pub talk because some people take as the truth cos they heard it in the pub and sounds better there than reading the actually facts on the immi.gov.au website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Perth is classed as regional for Perment Residency only, think some people get confused and think this applies to specified work for a 2nd WHV.

Not the same thing.

That's why it's called pub talk because some people take as the truth cos they heard it in the pub and sounds better there than reading the actually facts on the immi.gov.au website.

But was it asked in the WHV point of view? I don't see that in either thread. Maybe I'm missing some debate that happened ages ago that got out of hand on here.

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    But was it asked in the WHV point of view? I don't see that in either thread. Maybe I'm missing some debate that happened ages ago that got out of hand on here.

Yeah think you must have missed it

Yeah think you must have missed it

Somehow I find you hard to believe.

well why else would Hussey have closed the thread, why is that hard to believe.

Mod I closed the thread as assumed The OP was talking about WHV regional (hence the source) I looked on the home page news and there was nothing there (http://www.immi.gov.au/)

I did look at this before I closed it.

But have merged and opened the originally

Sorry OP !

well why else would Hussey have closed the thread, why is that hard to believe.

Your one sentence reply didn't help. He could have closed it without knowing about the changes to Perth for several visa types.

Edit: missed hussey's post when I replied. Cleared up now, all's good.

• Advertisement

Your one sentence reply didn't help. He could have closed it without knowing about the changes to Perth for several visa types.

And so he did.

But this subject has been discussed here before about the confusion between Regional area for PR & Regional area for 2nd WHV.

And so he did.

But this subject has been discussed here before about the confusion between Regional area for PR & Regional area for 2nd WHV.

Yeh I'm sure it has and it probably is a common occurrence too. It just shows husseys human and that It's difficult to keep up with everything!

Yeh I'm sure it has and it probably is a common occurrence too. It just shows husseys human and that It's difficult to keep up with everything!

Well its an easy mistake to make based on the facts

a) OP is on a WHV
    b) He is currently working in Perth

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

No, strictly speaking the OP didn't mention a visa type. But 99% of the time when people say "regional work" they are talking about a 2nd WHV. If the OP meant PR he would of said so.

It would be irresponsible of people to start announcing, (either on threads here or in the pub), that Perth is now classed as regional without specifying a visa type. As the vast amount will take it up wrong.

Mod Edited title of thread to avoid confusion

Mellor wrote: »
    No, strictly speaking the OP didn't mention a visa type. But 99% of the time when people say "regional work" they are talking about a 2nd WHV. If the OP meant PR he would of said so.

It would be irresponsible of people to start announcing, (either on threads here or in the pub), that Perth is now classed as regional without specifying a visa type. As the vast amount will take it up wrong.

Regional classification for Perth – 12 September 2011

Following the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship’s recent announcement to include Perth in the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS), a number of changes have been made effective from 12 September 2011.

regional postcodes for the RSMS to include Perth
    the inclusion of Perth as a regional area for family sponsored applications through the regional General Skilled Migration program.
    In summary, Perth has been classified as regional for the following migration programs:

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 119 & 857)
    Skilled Regional Sponsored (provisional) (Subclass 475)
    Skilled Regional Sponsored (provisional) (Subclass 487)
    Skilled Regional (permanent) (Subclass 887).

Copy pasting that isnt very hard at all, and is the responsible thing to do. Thread was closed because Hussey didnt know about what Lima linked and what I just pasted above, and instead took the post up as what you just said. I would have been very surprised if Hussey didnt link what Lima linked and then close the thread if he knew about the Sept. 12th changes. That would have removed all confusion.

Hussey said he closed the thread because he didn't see what Lima linked. The OP also didnt mention Regional Work, just regional.

Advertisement