Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slurry Deadline

• 12-10-2011 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭

Well has everone got there tanks empied or is there going to be a mad rush before the weekend
    I have half a tank to put out but still a fair bit of grass on the ground, plus with working off farm the weather may not be the best on saturday

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

has been extended by 2 weeks:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

whelan1 wrote: »

Really? I hope it is

EDIT Saw it on the Chit Chat thread, great news, no were to go here, either too wet or too much grass cover. Panic over for now!

Really? I hope it is
    yup... on the official irish farmers journal fb page

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭F.D

Thanks for the info whelan, i can leave it for a little longer until the weather picks up, hopefully on a weekend save me using my hols ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Thank god, have plenty to get out and a shed back full of animals and quantities growing by the minute, This shed was emptied the 1st of May and tanks were full again, just goes to show the summer some had. Now I have grass everywhere and no place to put it. Given the 2 weeks plenty of maize land will free up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

good stuff

Farming by calender is a joke.

Farming by calender is a joke.

you can sing that, seen slurry been spread on saturday beside us in the spills of rain, guess where most of that is gone now, we still have cattle out and a nice bit of grass i know thats going to change this week but i know theres lots of people around that havent spread due to the same reason, it will probably be dry in a weeks time again, but the deadline will be up again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭polod

In northern ireland i seen in the paper has no closed period now ...they can spread slurry in jan, dec, nov once they 'have a good reason' ....well for some :)

I have only managed to spread about 25k gallons in the last couple of weeks due mostly to have exceptional grass growth and no where to put it. finally got some maize chopped on Friday where I had planned on spreading it before wheat and since then we have had between 2 and 3 inches of rain, no way could you travel for a good few days yet. I have a tank nearly full and allot of dung heaped in fields waiting for weather to spread. Time to get these stupid rules changed

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dryan

what are the chances of this deadline being extended again? land is much wetter now than it was back in the middle of the month when the deadline was originally extended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

we "floored" all the tanks last wednesday , was going to wait but checked the forecast

should be ok now until the end of january,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

We've a lad supposed to be coming with an umbilical system, said he's the only one around still using the umbilical, everyone else got out of it.

Found that surprising after the last few wet summers, I wonder will people get back into them again.

umbilical would be handy in this weather, but with the land been so fragmented its not an option for us, hopefully the deadline will be extended again and there will be more suitable weather in november to spread
    I think with grass covers been so good not been able to spread the slurry, injection or trailing shoe is going to become more the norm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭polod

F.D wrote: »
    umbilical would be handy in this weather, but with the land been so fragmented its not an option for us, hopefully the deadline will be extended again and there will be more suitable weather in november to spread
    I think with grass covers been so good not been able to spread the slurry, injection or trailing shoe is going to become more the norm

Yeah id say they will have to extend well into november yet with the amount of rainfall we are getting .....also whats the final date for spreading FYM is it the 1st of november ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

polod wrote: »
    Yeah id say they will have to extend well into november yet with the amount of rainfall we are getting .....also whats the final date for spreading FYM is it the 1st of november ?
    Yeah:mad:. Contractor spreading today and doing a small bit of damage on the driest field. What kind of damage would he do to the field it was supposed to go on. I wish the rhyme was '40 days had september, april, june and october'

5live wrote: »
    Yeah:mad:. Contractor spreading today and doing a small bit of damage on the driest field. What kind of damage would he do to the field it was supposed to go on. I wish the rhyme was '40 days had september, april, june and october'

Interesting what you say, take the following scenario, If you have already applied slurry up to the maximum rates on that land and its the only land that you now can spread on due to the weather, could a dispensation be granted. well we have to live by the rules. Maybe might just forward such a question to my County Council to annoy them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

polod wrote: »

I got about 3 text messages from ifa about how they 'lobied extensively' to get the date extended to the end of Nov, I must reply to them and say they need to do a bit more 'lobbying'. Luckily enough I got a fair bit of slurry out about 2 weeks ago. AFAIK fym stops on 1st of Nov.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭case 5150

have fym to finish spreading. ground saturated so hope a extension is granted

Interesting what you say, take the following scenario, If you have already applied slurry up to the maximum rates on that land and its the only land that you now can spread on due to the weather, could a dispensation be granted. well we have to live by the rules. Maybe might just forward such a question to my County Council to annoy them
    Sorry Bob. You have me lost on that:confused:

anyone hear anything?

• Advertisement

anyone hear anything?
    Yesterdays Journal said Phil Hogan says no extension:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

I could be wrong about this, but i think Phil Hogan has said there will be NO further extension. Its a joke if that's the case.

5live wrote: »
    Sorry Bob. You have me lost on that:confused:
    Ahhh. Just read it again and it makes sense to me now. Sorry about that Bob. Must stop posting when i'm wrecked

just saw a lad spreading slurry;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

spread away like oul hell till the 1st day ur stopped.some rules can,t be lived by.bit like them (the goverment)not paying out moneyies due on time

Advertisement