Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Phone

Options
  • 12-10-2011 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

Hey guys I lost my phone last night in Limerick. If anyone here found it could ye let me know please. Its a black Samsung Galaxy S 2. Last place I can remember having it was around the Supermacs area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

I take you didnt have find my phone installed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

Contact the gardai, they can find the IMEI number of your phone, find out the sim card in the phone atm (and get details from the sim card) and find the individual who has the phone atm.

As far as I'm aware, they can do that....

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

reunion wrote: »
    Contact the gardai, they can find the IMEI number of your phone, find out the sim card in the phone atm (and get details from the sim card) and find the individual who has the phone atm.

As far as I'm aware, they can do that....

The technology is there to do that but unless Testament1 was lost with the phone the Gardai would not be interested, they do not have the time and resources to locate every lost phone in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

Agent_99 wrote: »
    The technology is there to do that but unless Testament1 was lost with the phone the Gardai would not be interested, they do not have the time and resources to locate every lost phone in the country.

You could enquire about it, enquiring is better than doing nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

iPwnage wrote: »
    I take you didnt have find my phone installed :rolleyes:

I had a tracker set up on it actually but it only works when the phone is on which it wasnt :rolleyes:

Got the phone back safe and sound after a few days anyway thanks to a shout out on Facebook :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

You're lucky, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would have kept it, particularly if it was a GSII.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Testament1 wrote: »
    I had a tracker set up on it actually but it only works when the phone is on which it wasnt :rolleyes:

Got the phone back safe and sound after a few days anyway thanks to a shout out on Facebook :D

And there was me searching around supermacs for a new phone :(:mad::p

Advertisement