Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delayed Paying My Bill

• 12-10-2011 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently moved into a new house for the year, renting with friends. We recieved our first esb bill on the 27th of september, which was 34 quid but due to loads of ridiculous add-on's, amounted to 47 quid or thereabouts, plus a 300 euro security deposit.
    We put it off for a few days, and inevitably forgot about it. However i rang up last week to apologise, as our bill said overdue because of the security deposit, but the lady i spoke with kindly told me if we set up a direct debit we wouldnt need to pay the deposit.
    Great we thought, and so i made a plan to go to the bank the next day to set up an account for bills, but didnt get the chance in the end.

Long story short, i only got around to opening an account yesterday (14 days after we recieved the bill), only to find out it will take a week to activate.
    Is it ok to wait until then to set up the direct debit, as i have not yet recieved my account number? Or should i ring up, even though i wont be able to transfer any money until next week? Believe it or not, none of us have phone credit hence here i am asking a question on boards!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi kkdela6,

I have escalated your query for you and will report back as soon as I have an answer.

Regards,
    Una

Hi again kkdela6,

Are you the named ESB Electric Ireland account-holder?

If so, if you send me, by private message, the account number, name and address on the account, and a contact telephone number on the account, we can escalate this further.

Regards,
    Una

Query resolved via private message.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tracysylvia

Hi was wondering can u help us! We just got cut of which is totally unfair I think yes we have an outstnding bill and we are paying it of little bit each week at a time which does not seem to suit the esb people but for me that is all I can afford I'm a single mother of 2 children so paying bills is hard enough they came today to cut me off! Have no money to get the children dinner so they are eating sandwitches for dinner! And as for my food in my freezer it will be defrosted who will replace that?? I offered to pay 600euro towards my bill they refused why?? What idiots refuse money toward a bill!

Hi tracysylvia,

Can you forward me by private message the ESB Electric Ireland account number, the name/address of the account-holder, the contact telephone number on the account, and confirmation that you are the named account-holder?

We can have a look at the account for you once you send us those details.

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 tracysylvia

Hi tracysylvia,

Can you forward me by private message the ESB Electric Ireland account number, the name/address of the account-holder, the contact telephone number on the account, and confirmation that you are the named account-holder?

We can have a look at the account for you once you send us those details.

Regards,
    Una

Hi una I can't seem to reply with a pm to you so maybe u could pm me and then I can reply if that's okay need to get this sorted have the esb telling 2 days before they will put me back on not happy as all food in freezer will be lost cannot give me children dinner and everything in my fish tank will dye I doubt weather the esb will replace all that is lost!!

Hi tracysylvia,

I sent you a private message earlier, as per your request. :)

Also, can I suggest that you perhaps check your Boards.ie account settings to ensure you are fixed up to send private messages.

All the best,
    Una

Advertisement