Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby waking at 5am

Options
  • 12-10-2011 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi All

I am new to this so bare with me! My beautiful daughter has got into the habbit at waking around 5-5.30am. She cannot last past 7.30pm at night and does not wake up hungry but full of the joys bouncing up and down. I have tried her with a botlle and she will not go back and then is wrecked for the day. I do not know what to do to break this cycle. Am I putting her down to early she is 10 months old but cannot stay awake past 7.30pm. She gets some sleep during the day only about 1.5 hours in total if that. She is in Creche three days when myself and my husband are in work. Any Suggestions????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Is she cold? Can you try to time the heating so that it comes on in the morning for a little while?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 leitirmeas

Hello
    Is the room dark? its not getting bright early is it? My son did this and I bought black out material in Hickeys and he doesnt wake early any more.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

What time does she go to bed at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

welcome to the joys of parent hood !!!! mu hahahah

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

It's probably a phase. Your post sounds incredibly familiar and brings back some weary memories. Nothing we did changed the wake up time, junior just grew out of it and went back to 7am wake up times. To give you some good news, it may also swing the other way for a while and everyone gets a lie in!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Tired Mummy

Hi All
    The heating is on and she is not too cold. The room is dark with black out blinds and curtains. I do not know if she will grow out of it as it is going on about one month now. I am in the middle of trying wake to sleep no joy yet. This morning she was knackered and very cranky at 7.30am and fell asleep in the car on way to creche.

My son started doing this. I wouldn't change what you are doing - chances are it's a phase.

Only thing it might be is hunger - you are moving onto cows milk soon enough though so I wouldn't worry about it. Try a snack in the evening an hour before bed. Might help.

Otherwise just wait it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Tired Mummy

Thanks Venjur
    Its definitely not hunger she gets a huge bowl of tea at half six then a bottle before she goes down"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I don't remember the ages, but my little one has been through a few phases like this. Usually associated with teething!
    At one stage we started giving her a weetabix before bed (dinner about 5, weetabix about 7) and I recall this helped.
    It really is just a phase and she will grow out of it, although right now it feels like it'll never end!
    Would she be content to stay in her cot for a while with some toys when she wakes up?
    All I can really suggest to help you is to go to bed earlier yourself to make the early mornings easier.
    Hope this helps:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Milkymoo

I've 4 kids. Two of those were of the variety that believes 5.30 is a good time to start the day. Ive given up fighting it now with the 18mtg old. My 5 yr old stopped waking so early in the last year so I'm guessing it will eventually go.

I know my friend managed to improve her little ones early mornings by cutting back on the day time sleeps. It gave her an extra hour. Didn't work for mine but might for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement