Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin bus map

Options
  • 12-10-2011 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

does anyone know where I can find a map of Dublin with the bus routes on it? I need to travel across the city from Coolock to Cabra, but my understanding is that the buses tend to travel vertically rather than horizontally.
    is my best option to go into the city centre and try from there?

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Fuinseog wrote: »
    does anyone know where I can find a map of Dublin with the bus routes on it? I need to travel across the city from Coolock to Cabra, but my understanding is that the buses tend to travel vertically rather than horizontally.
    is my best option to go into the city centre and try from there?

thanks in advance.

the dublin bus website I think

There is no bus from coolock to cabra though, so yeah, city centre with one bus (27/128/43) and then something out to cabra, one of the 38s seem to be the best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,745 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

There is no map available at the moment due to the fact that there are major changes to the network virtually every 2-3 weeks as the Network Direct project is implemented.

For your journey yes going via the city centre is the easiest way:

Any of the 27, 42, 43, 128 and then any of routes 38, 38a, 38b, 120 or 122.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

http://www.hittheroad.ie

good website for finding out bus routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

mkmap.com/dublin

What i use although it is out of date with the recent 9/19 changes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

its probably not news for you but this sounds like an awkward arrangement. looking at the map it looks like about five miles yet taking public transport could, between waiting and what not, could take up to an hour and a half.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the 17a goes to finglas via coolock, maybe that could be a runner if the area in cabra you need to get to isnt far from finglas?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,431 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Fuinseog wrote: »
    its probably not news for you but this sounds like an awkward arrangement. looking at the map it looks like about five miles yet taking public transport could, between waiting and what not, could take up to an hour and a half.
    45 minutes would be more realistic.

From where (roughly) to where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

the 17a goes to finglas via coolock, maybe that could be a runner if the area in cabra you need to get to isnt far from finglas?

:eek:

There is nowhere the 17A could drop a person in Finglas that would be considered comfortable walking distance, in my opinion, and I certainly wouldn't be sending someone unfamiliar with the area through the part of Finglas from the old 17A terminus, past the Cardiff pub and passing close enough to Berryfield.

There isn't a bus going across either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Des wrote: »
    :eek:

There is nowhere the 17A could drop a person in Finglas that would be considered comfortable walking distance, in my opinion, and I certainly wouldn't be sending someone unfamiliar with the area through the part of Finglas from the old 17A terminus, past the Cardiff pub and passing close enough to Berryfield.

There isn't a bus going across either.

the significance of the Cardiff Pub goes over my head.

Dublin Bus has let me down in the past and at times I have waited over 40 mins for a bus. I took the 27 to town and then walked from O Connell bridge to Parnell square to get the 122. it worked out but if the buses are late then I am screwed.

I poured over a street atlas and decided the best way to get there is to cycle. thanks for all the tips

Advertisement