Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband and TV Heathervue Greystones?

Options
  • 12-10-2011 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Moving into a house in Heathervue soon and need to organise TV and broadband. Can anyone help with who is best? Just need the usual channels on the Tv nothing fancy. Want really good broadband though!! Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Only CL is cabled for high speed internet althought strangely not TV (still on the aerial version of cable, if that makes sense), so your options will be any of the DSL suppliers and Sky, Freesat and/or Saorview if you have an aerial.

I with Imagine for DSL broadband (ask for business, its the same price but its uncontended and proper unlimited as opposed to Eircoms speil).

My folks have Freesat and love it. They dont get the Irish channels but are looking at Saorview now.

Personally I am with Sky which is brilliant too.

Welcome to the area

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

plenty of Saorview/Freesat advice over in the TV forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I moved into estate two years ago.

Had to get landline for work reasons so went with Vodafone for that and BB.

Mixed experience so far but switching the house over from Eircom to VF was such a hassle am slow to change again.

Would be interested in hearing what the current options are on BB in the estate.... I feel there must b something better out there

Let us know what you end up doing / how it goes

Re TV, we went with Sky. Pricey but I am really liking Sky+, HD, Atlantic etc. & if you have an iPad then the free Sky Go app is excellent (let's you watch sports, news, movies anywhere that has good wifi)

Welcome to Heathervue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Blingy wrote: »
    Moving into a house in Heathervue soon and need to organise TV and broadband. Can anyone help with who is best? Just need the usual channels on the Tv nothing fancy. Want really good broadband though!! Any ideas? Thanks.

Nice estate, lived there for nearly my whole life! We used http://www.irishbroadband.ie/ for internet and Sky. Of course its always good to shop around for internet, I do believe although there are other maybe cheaper options Sky are your best bet for TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Irishbroadband = imagine :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement