Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom 12 months too long for students

Options
  • 12-10-2011 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

im in a student house and have eircom broadband as we were unable to get UPC due to lack of cable in my area.

so we've got eircom and are very happy with the coverage, but we were only offered a 12 month contract...which isnt much use to a house of students who will move out on 9 months?

whats the story here....will eircom accept a mutual termination due to the exceptional living arrangements of students?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

eldwaro wrote: »
    Hi guys,

im in a student house and have eircom broadband as we were unable to get UPC due to lack of cable in my area.

so we've got eircom and are very happy with the coverage, but we were only offered a 12 month contract...which isnt much use to a house of students who will move out on 9 months?

whats the story here....will eircom accept a mutual termination due to the exceptional living arrangements of students?

Thanks eldwaro,

All current eircom contracts are on statutory terms of 12 months. If you are in a house with one standare fixed phoneline, then the contract is applied to the bill holder.

If you need any further information or help with your bill setup, call in to eircom Customer Care on 1901 - freefone.

Good luck with your studies,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Thanks eldwaro,

All current eircom contracts are on statutory terms of 12 months. If you are in a house with one standare fixed phoneline, then the contract is applied to the bill holder.

If you need any further information or help with your bill setup, call in to eircom Customer Care on 1901 - freefone.

Good luck with your studies,
    Ant

so is that a no?

im more than happy to be an eircom customer, but there will be approx. three months at the end we will not be using the service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

eldwaro wrote: »
    so is that a no?

im more than happy to be an eircom customer, but there will be approx. three months at the end we will not be using the service

Yes eldwaro,

Your contract is for 12 months and is similar for all telecommunications /providers, etc. This is stated on terms and conditions when the Account holder signs up.

You also have the option of calling into Customer Care directly and they will advise you on the status of your contract. This may assist you if you wish to terminate your broadband order at a particular date.

Customer Care - 1901 freefone

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

UPC have a 12 month minimum contract but leave the last 4 months for free for students. Do eircom have anything similar in plan for students?

Also, if you do have to leave eircom after 9 months of service, what will be the cost? For the cheaper packages like eircom next-generation broadband basic and eircom talktime chatter?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

UPC have a special student length contract for 2 years, I'm surprised eircom haven't responded. They even let my nephew keep their modem all summer and then ring them with his new address in September and activate it remotely. Naturally he refused to move in somewhere without UPC BB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

see we wanted upc...but due to a lady living next door refusing them onto her land we had to get eircom instead...which i dont mind...once its fast etc.

but its just annoying knowing that in a few months time ill be having a row trying to cancel a contract early or fighting to get money off my housemates

Advertisement